Are you a Software Developer wanting to write software that helps over 250,000 people every hour across 5 continents?
As a leading provider of airport IT solutions, with over 250 airports and airlines using our software worldwide you could become part of a team using the best languages, frameworks and tools available, to move the airport industry forward.
What's the opportunity?
As a Software Developer you can look forward to doing full stack development working on products, which are world-leading solutions to assist and automate the management of an airport. You will have a key role in taking the development of the product one step further to allow for its delivery to a whole network of interconnected airports.
Reporting to the Scrum Master, as a Software Developer you will work closely with other team members, product owners, business analysts and testers to ensure that developed software provides the maximum value in the eyes of the end users.
Development follows the Scrum process. Within each fortnightly sprint there's planning and review meetings, backlog refinement, estimation and daily stand-up meetings. The rest of the time is free for you to use as you see fit to achieve the sprint goals.
What's on offer for you as our Software Developer?
We strive to create a great culture - keeping engineers relaxed, up to date and caffeinated. Just think.....
- Having your first cup of coffee from the barista coffee machine and eating that breakfast sandwich from the daily butty van
- A casual dress code, 37 hour week and working flexible hours allowing you to focus on writing great code or even working from home when you need to let the plumber in!
- On demand access to Pluralsight and Code School for professional development, senior mentors appointed as technical coaches to junior staff members to provide guidance along the way. We also have strong technical communities called Chapters established within the business who can provide further support and help answer any technical questions.
- Free thinking Fridays' giving you time to innovate and develop your skills.
- Chill out room; complete with games, TVs and consoles, cross team competitions, lots of charity events, and not forgetting reduced costs for activities through sports and social club (we've done axe throwing, zip wiring and theatre trips recently!)
And in addition to this we offer...
- A competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus statutory bank holidays
- Professional membership fees
- Great benefits such as membership of a contributory pension scheme and life assurance with the ability to choose from an array of additional benefits e.g. more holidays or gym membership
- Opportunity for international travel
- Free Car parking
What you need to become our Software Developer
If you love nothing more than creating a solution or asking yourself "how can it be better?", then you're already speaking our language. We're looking for people who can work as part of team, share ideas and collaborate.
If you possess the below essential knowledge and skills, then we really do want to hear from you;
- A degree-level qualification or equivalent in IT or Computer Science related subject
- Minimum of 1 year's experience developing Windows applications using Visual Studio in C#
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Server, including Management Studio
- Previous experience of code control processes and systems, such as TFS, SVN, Git
- C# /.NET Framework, T-SQL, XML / Web Services / WCF, Entity Framework, Linq and SOLID principles
Closing date for applications - 28th November 2017
If you feel this Software Developer role is for you, please click 'apply' today!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959464161