Software Engineer - C# / NET - Formula One - United Kingdom
Software Engineer ? C# / .NET ? Formula One ? United Kingdom
Our client, a driving force in Formula One (F1), is looking for an experienced C# Software Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis.
They use a multitude of software tools that assist car and driver development, to maximise performance on race day. Most of these revolve around in-race, pre-race and simulated events ? think real-time systems and motion platforms, physical simulations of the car from scratch, race/pit stop planning, in race comms and highly complex mathematical number crunching. As you might imagine, vast amounts of data are collected in various formats (audio, video, image, time series, sensor, telemetry etc.) and the deep analysis of this, along with the exploitation and optimisation of these tools, aids in formulating a winning race strategy.
This position focuses on the development of GUI?s for the aforementioned software/tools (some new, some existing), as well as the expansion of server and database architecture. In essence - to ensure real-time, accurate transfer and graphical representation of data. You?ll be responsible for highly incremental deployments within a rapid iterative environment (weekly / bi-weekly phases), as such having experience of delivering quality code/products that are fit for purpose and within tight timescales is a must.
You will be part of a diverse (backgrounds in computer science, mathematics, engineering etc.), extremely talented and dedicated group of software engineers. You'll be working on technically challenging projects within a collaborative team environment that encourages knowledge sharing and continual self-improvement, so stellar interpersonal skills and diplomacy are a must. You may not be passionate about F1 now, but you soon will be after seeing the visible impact of your work.
Essential skills and experience:
- Exemplary and demonstrable experience of developing world-class, state of the art Graphical User Interfaces (GUI?s) using C# in Visual Studio.
- Exemplary and demonstrable experience of expansion and optimisation of server and database architecture - to enable real-time, accurate transfer of data for representation in GUI?s (think entity models / data bindings / data sources etc.).
- Expertise in .NET (my client uses .NET4 and .NETCore)
- Use of source control ? e.g. TFS, GIT etc.
- Experience of building from scratch and also with improving pre-existing code
- Ability to work from high level designs/requirements
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- Commercial and ?delivery first? outlook
Really nice to haves (but not essential):
- Experience of developing complex, high-performance, low latency / real-time / high frequency systems in C++ and/or C++ CLI
- Experience within highly mathematical/engineering simulation or control systems.
- Experience of working within complex, large, distributed environments
- Exposure to systems that of utilise mathematical / statistical models ? e.g. Monte Carlo, Game Theory, Linear/Non-Linear algebra, Signal Processing etc.
This is an awesome opportunity to join a forward thinking F1 team who invests in their staff. You?ll be very well rewarded with a basic salary of between £50,000 to £65,000 (D.O.E) plus an excellent benefits package (health, pension, amazing car scheme, subsidised restaurant, on-site gym etc.). For more information, please get in touch with Steve Kilpatrick at Logikk for a confidential chat.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959465917