Software Development Manager
Software Development Manager
Nottingham - £55000 - £65000 plus 15% bonus
I am looking for a software development manager for a company in Nottingham. You will be responsible for the successful delivery of major business or technical deliverables. This is a hands off role - you will be responsible for recruiting, managing, mentoring and leading a team of 20 reports across 3 teams
Success is measured by the consistent production of first class customer focussed products and developing an open, innovative and collaborative culture of excellence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the leadership of a technical team of developers, analysts, QA and database engineers.
- Oversees all team working and collaboration with other teams
- The recruitment of roles is a key responsibility in a growing organisation with a rich pipeline of product development ahead
- Coaching and mentoring the team to maximise potential are critical responsibilities along with continually improving standards by arranging training, setting challenging objectives and encouraging cross-skilling throughout the department
- Must seek relevant success metrics, set goals and continually adjust to meet strategic targets
- Development Managers must be experienced agile experts, ideally with a firm grasp of the 'SAFe framework'; they must also be experts in the full digital product development lifecycle and able to build productive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Identity and develop high potential employees; ensure a talent pipeline to meet business requirements
- Facilitate and drive performance management processes
- Champion a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the business. Ensure that by leading by example, you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of customers. Through the adoption of a top down approach, demonstrate a culture where all our people understand their regulatory obligations, including what the fair treatment of customer's means to them and our organisation
Key Skills and Experience
- Technical degree or commensurate industry experience in a strong technical or IT discipline.
- Expert knowledge of software development and delivery principles.
- Expert knowledge of delivery methodologies e.g. Agile Scrum, Kanban
- Proven track record of software delivery in a cross functional or matrix environment
- Expert team leadership and coaching skills
- Highly articulate and able to communicate with technical and business stakeholders, providing guidance and influencing decision making
This is a great chance to join a world class business who are going through an exciting period of technical transformation. If you are interested in the role please send your CV for immediate consideration and interview.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959445816