Aviva is revolutionising insurance and you could be at the forefront of it.
You?ll be joining Aviva at a really exciting time. We are working on new and innovative ways to engage and support customers, on a portfolio of products that reach out to 17 million customers. It?s never been more important for us to hire fantastic people into our digital teams who sit at the forefront of delivering our strategy.
Our scrum teams work across multiple Web & Mobile applications on a range of products such as home, motor and travel and breakdown insurance, pensions, retirement planning, protection and health. We have created the award winning customer portal; MyAviva which allows our customers to access and maintain their Aviva policies. We develop all of our mobile apps in-house too including Aviva Drive, previous winner of ?Insurance Innovation of the Year?. Did we mention that we were also awarded Digital Insurance Company of the year at the Data, Analytics & Technology Awards for Insurance.
Within Aviva Digital we approach software delivery with an Agile mind-set, focused on delivering small, value-driven enhancements often. We achieve that with our scrum teams that include Scrum Masters, Developers, Testers, BA?s, Solution Designers and DevOps Engineers to create brand new experiences, small changes to existing products as well as investing in maintaining our existing products to improve code quality against our core development principles.
We are currently looking for a smart and motivated DevOps engineer with a passion for automation to develop our DevOps tools and culture to enable efficient, quicker delivery of quality software.
You will have a comprehensive knowledge of internet operations and technologies and a desire to create scalable, reusable solutions as part of an Agile team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing and managing continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS
- Implementing and managing systems that are highly available and scalable on the AWS platform
- Design, manage and maintain tools to automate processes
- Supporting production applications on AWS
- Defining and deploying monitoring systems on AWS
- Programming and scripting against the AWS APIs
- Experienced in monitoring tools, frameworks and processes
- Experienced in scripting
- Experienced in full automation and configuration management using puppet
- Experienced in one or both of Linux and Windows
- Experience programming against the AWS APIs
- Experience supporting production applications on AWS or other cloud technologies
- Experience of working in an agile environment
- Familiar with penetration testing and intrusion detection systems
Essential DevOps Tools:
Vagrant, Terraform, Bash/PowerShell Scripts, Puppet, Jenkins, Docker, Linux Admin, Windows
Amazon Web Services (AWS):
Cloudformation, EBS, Route 53, S3 ELB, RDS
We offer a competitive salary and fantastic benefits, including excellent pension and bonus potential, as well as generous annual leave.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we?ll support you to do brilliant work. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva?s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959458279