Unigy 360 Global Services Engineer (French speaking) permanent role
The role is provided in order to support the client?s innovative Unigy 360 Trading and Compliance solution as well as other Trading solutions with the client?s industry leading portfolio.
As part of a global team, the role will evolve with the solution and will extend to deliver centrally delivered services and support with global reach and responsibility. The candidate must be fluent in both written and spoken French. The service, software and infrastructure are provided by engineers, support staff and tools from two centers, one in New Jersey and the other in London. Both centers operate 24/7.
The role is multi layered, involving monitoring, system administration, installation, configuration and managing incidents across the entire solution.
- Support our Customers, take the initial call from them on Incidents and service requests. Triage and troubleshoot and provide service to them.
- Liaise with the technical support teams and partners to resolve Incidents and maintain system uptime.
- Monitor the solution(s) utilizing Nagios and other tools.
- Act on alerts and events, triggering and driving incident management process.
- Optimize Nagios dashboards and other tools for maximum effectiveness.
- Run and interpret system diagnostics. Use system reporting to recommend adjustments and improvements.
- Validate and undertake Customer specific changes on the Trading and Voice Recording applications.
- Undertake Installation tasks and validate system builds against specifications.
- Build scope of work documents and participate in the change control process.
- Deploy application patches and configuration changes utilizing the client?s industry leading tools and methodologies.
- Deploy and maintain security regimes and standards according to the client?s documented standards.
- Contribute to the development of Runbooks and documentation, keep them updated, relevant and usable.
- Control inventory records and feed into the Problem Change and Release management processes.
The candidate must be fluent in both written and spoken French.
24/7 Shift Rota working is essential; involving both 8 hour and 12 hour shifts. On occasion you may be asked to fulfill a shift pattern on occasions of peak business or staff absences.
Overtime is only paid on exceptional occasions e.g.: when covering additional hours above standard on a shift cover. On these occasions it is paid at the client?s prevailing rates.
- Delivering Services to Customers in the Financial Sector or equivalent high risk/availability industry.
- Strong knowledge and experience with the essential elements and industry standards for delivering Cloud based services.
- Strong Track record of self-managed learning and technical accreditation in one or more of the areas below or equivalent technologies.
- o VOIP/ SIP webRTC
- o iPBX
- o Virtualization VMWare ESX/ESXi and vCenter
- o Linux/ UNIX / Microft Windows
- o SQL and Database management
- o Voice Recording
- o Firewall
- o Load Balancing
- o Security
- o Networking and core Internet protocols
- Track record of adapting and delivering services to those standards.
- Excellent at driving Incident management across multiple support teams and partners.
- History of using monitoring and other support tools and optimizing their effectiveness.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef, GIT or an equivalent.
- Track record of direct engagement with Customers on the phone and excellent communication skills.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959441336