As a result of recent growth in the organisation and a change in roles and responsibilities FDS have a new opportunity for a Junior Finance Analyst. Joining a team of 4 finance analysts, the Finance Analyst will work in a close knit team but have opportunities to work individually and use their own initiative.
This role would ideally suit a candidate looking to grow their experience in Finance in a fast paced and challenging environment, and working towards achieving professional qualifications.
With an annual turnover of £80m, you will play some part in accounting for Third Party Spend of approximately £20m a year across a number of vendors and processes but will spend most of your time acting as a finance generalist. You will report directly to the Finance Manager but receive day-to-day task responsibility from the Senior Finance Analyst.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in managing the month end close, including preparing and posting journals into SAP.
- Performing analysis on the overall integrity of the P&L for areas of responsibility
- Accruals and prepayment management
- Preparing billing and providing detailed backup for customer accounts.
- Management of the FDS Finance Inbox and associated ad hoc tasks
- Provide Business Partner support to managers, acting as a trusted finance expert offering finance guidance and support.
- Preparation of monthly review packs including key narrative on trends and variances as part of monthly finance reviews for allocated regions
- Assisting with balance sheet accounting, reconciliations and reviews
- Liaising with Procurement and Business Managers to ensure timely recognition of costs
- Miscellaneous projects as allocated by the Finance Manager/Senior Analysts
- Degree in Accounting or Finance with minimum achievement of a 2:1 or AAT or Part Qual. Professional Finance qualifications
- Strong Technical Accounting Skills.
- Strong MS Excel skills. An understanding of macros would be ideal, the ability to write VBA/advanced Macros would be a bonus
- Knowledge of SAP would be beneficial but not necessary.
- Excellent attention to detail, time management and organisational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with both financial and non-financial management..
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Professional and mature approach and keen to make a difference.
This is an excellent opportunity to join us and as an employee you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
We also offer an excellent benefits package including personal pension plan, and various other flexible benefits including private medical cover, life insurance, and flexible holiday to name a few.
Apply now for consideration!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959453769