Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer, £35k, Bristol
A rapidly growing software-defined storage company are looking for a skilled Technical Support Engineer to join their global support team.
Their customers range from national brand retailers to huge global organisations and SMEs - over 1000 organisations worldwide. They are looking for someone with drive and ambition to match the company moving forward.
The successful candidate will have up to 2 years experience in working with software defined storage and would have worked in a virtualised environment previously.
The candidate will need to display original thinking and creativity to achieve challenging goals. They will also have to balance working coherently in a team with operating independently when working on important company projects.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Support customers and re-sellers with new installations and any issues which may arise
- Maintain post sales processes
- Responsible for the maintenance of tools and processes necessary to support the re-seller channel as it pertains specifically to the post sale support of the company's products
- Help with changes and new installations to network infrastructure and systems
- Help maintain current network infrastructure and systems
- Will share responsibility for out of hour calls with other team members
The successful candidate will have;
- 2+ years experience in storage & virtualisation in a field facing engineering capacity
- Experience with software defined storage and/or hyper-converged solutions
- Proven server visualisation, architecture and implementation expertise
- Proven networking skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity in a fast-paced, team environment while managing multiple competing priorities
- Experience in identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Current VMware VCP (desirable)
My client are looking to pay a basic salary of £35k plus an attractive benefits package. Please contact Jordan Fitzgerald at Robert Half Technology if you would like to discuss this exciting opportunity further.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: ************************************-statement
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959459943