Senior Marine Engineer
Senior Marine Engineer - £29-32K depending on experience - Poole
A national specialist marine power, systems and equipment supplier is looking for an ambitious, qualified Senior Marine Engineer to join their picturesque marina in Poole. This progressive company is looking for a Senior Marine Engineer to carry out service, diagnostic, repair, overhaul and installation work on site and at their workshops.
The incoming Senior Marine Engineer must have excellent problem solving and diagnostic capabilities together with knowledge of marine electrics, engine management systems and general boat systems. You must work to the highest standards un-supervised and take responsibility for your work, an uncompromising approach to quality of work and customer satisfaction is required.
- Assisting the Service Manager and Service Advisor with technical support
- Overseeing, mentoring and leading the engineering team
- Communicating with customers, the company's dealer group and suppliers over technical
- Delivering technical training on behalf of Volvo Penta UK to marine engineers from the Volvo Penta UK dealer network on Volvo Penta IPS and Drive systems
The Marine Engineer will have the joy of working in the beautifully scenic Poole marina, 1 of 3 branches of this growing company that specialises in marine power, systems and equipment.
This dynamic business has a nurturing company culture that focuses on internal investment and promoting from within to keep the company developing. For the right Senior Marine Engineer who wishes to grow within an established business, this could the perfect next step in your career.
- Join a progressive company that is constantly developing
- Real progression opportunities
- Access to a service van with fuel card available for personal use
The key skills and qualities of a Senior Marine Engineer:
- Marine Engineering Apprenticeship to City & Guilds/NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- A minimum of 6 years of experience post apprenticeship
- Ideally attended manufacturer training courses provided by industry leaders, in particular Volvo Penta
- Experience of equipment and systems on boats of up to 40m and ideally of the engine and gearbox brands the company represents
- Reside local to Portsmouth location or be prepared to relocate to the area
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959457944