Software Developer - (Ruby/DevOps/Video Streaming)
Software Developer - (Ruby/DevOps/Video Streaming) - Central Sheffield
Key Talent Personnel is currently on the lookout for a talented Software Engineer with excellent Ruby skills, to work with our client on cutting edge video delivery products and services.
In this role you will make use of the latest DevOps tools and techniques, utilising the AWS product portfolio and tools such as Spotinst, Rancher and Docker.
About the role
You will work on products designed for the broadcast and media/entertainment industry, the successful candidate will join the technical team and report to the Head of Products.
In this role, you will:
- Undertake software development tasks usually in Ruby to enhance our products, develop Back End systems/APIs/Custom Workflows
- Provide hand-on set up and configuration of cloud based video delivery workflows and Digital Rights Management (DRM)
- Provide training/documentation to other operational staff who will support these services
- Share best practices identified in daily work with members of other teams
- Provide technical assistance to the Sales team where required
- Have the opportunity to attend industry seminars
Skills you will have:
- Excellent Back End Ruby development skills with knowledge of one or more of C#, Python, Java and Go
- Some experience with Amazon Web Services and knowledge of the AWS product stack.
- Experience and knowledge of several of the following technologies:
- Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Mesos, Postgres, Redis, Elastic, MongoDB, SQL Server.
- Experience working as part of a modern development team; working knowledge of pair programming, testing best practices, automation, peer review.
- Practical experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, TDD).
- Understanding of modern CI & CD tools and techniques Experience with version control systems (git or similar).
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrating professionalism, empathy and consideration in all dealings with clients and other staff members
- Willing to jump in on any problem as it emerges.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959440047