Job Overview: Our client are a plastics manufacturing company supplying to key blue chip customers and are looking to further progress their team with appointing a Project Engineer. EXPIRY DATE: 15/12/17
To be successful, you will have a solid and steady career history as a Project / Manufacturing Engineer professional with good supervisory experience, within a busy manufacturing environment. You will have gained expertise & experience as a Project Engineer or Manufacturing Engineer and you will be used to working to tight deadlines within budget.
This is a great Project Engineer opportunity to work for a growing and stable company who put their people at the forefront of the company.
- Project engineer to be responsible for engineering and technical duties relating to the design and manufacture of high volume assembly equipment.
- To be involved from project concept to new product launch, with direct responsibilities for machine design and commissioning.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As a project engineer you will be responsible for the following:
- The introduction of new processes and technologies within the scope of new vehicle launches
- To be able to work with machine manufactures to specify and agree assembly equipment design that satisfies the requirements of zero defects and world class levels of productivity
- Preparation and control of engineering spend within an agreed budget
- Liaising with machine manufactures on all aspects of the machine design
- Liaising with internal departments to satisfy their requirements for assembly e.g. (Production, Quality Assurance, cost etc.)
- Effective commissioning of the assembly line and any follow-up action that may be required to ensure smooth production launch
- Travel to Japanese parent company on occasions to participate in technical conferences and two way best practice transfer
- Travel on occasions to National and European machine manufactures to track progress and to assist in developing solutions
- Play a pivotal role in the localization of all assembly equipment that up to now has been manufactured and project managed by our parent company.
Key Words: ?Quality Leader?, ?Quality Manager?, ?Senior quality engineer?, manufacturing, plastics, ?injection moulding?, ?plastic extrusion?, ?rubber moulding?
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959461103