PL Trading Manager
At Direct Line Group, we're shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It's not just what we do; it's how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking - after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands - including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag - change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It's hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they're helping us transform the industry we lead.
Private Insurance Trading Manager
To set and manage trading performance to achieve Private Insurance business targets , providing and developing commercially viable Propositions and ensuring the meeting of customer needs.
What being a Private Insurance Trading Manager involves:
- Formulates and owns plans to deliver Private Insurance trading objectives.
- Regular review of the trading performance making the required product, pricing and proposition decisions to achieve the business objectives.
- Contribute to the overall Private Insurance strategy plans and lead on certain aspects including budget setting and reforecasting.
- Identify and develop growth opportunities in both new and existing distribution channels.
- Develop credible working relationships across similar and sometimes higher levels with Internal Direct Line group business matrix. Clearly communicate key components of the business plans and trading issues to gain agreement on actions and ensure delivery.
- Own trading initiatives and provide direction and facilitate effective challenge to ensure timely and sound commercial action to achieve optimal performance across all distribution channels.
- Develop credible relationships with external partners. Engage with partners, challenging on trading performance seeking performance optimisation and owning delivery of targets and trading issues.
- Work closely with internal marketing, digital functions and external marketing agencies agreeing outputs and managing delivery.
- Use customer and market insight to ensure we continue to deliver products and propositions that meet our customer needs driving positive customer feedback and active promotion of our proposition.
- Development of the Private product in line with overall strategy and emerging trading, customer and distribution needs in conjunction with the central propositions team.
- Understand and contribute to wider category strategic plans and represent Private insurance on cross brand/category meetings/initiatives.
- Act as first line of defence in identifying and evaluating significant risks to the business and ensuring adherence to established controls and procedures within our control across pricing, product development, documentation, marketing and relevant SOX controls. Ensure we operate within risk appetite to deliver required risk/ reward balance
Skills & Qualities you will need:
- Experience of delivery in a matrix environment.
- Ability to communicate with partners up to board level
- Financial Acumen (creation of Business cases, investment appraisals)
- Account Management experience (preferred)
- Insurance Market knowledge
- ACII or degree level (preferred)
To be successful in this position you will need need to be genuinely passionate about driving growth and customer centric solutions in addition to working with a wide variety of partners and internal business areas, to deliver performance results. You'll need to be a team player with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, able to demonstrate drive, self motivation and determination to achieve results.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959462127