IT Service Desk Apprentice
Here, you will have the opportunity to work in a fun, fast-paced and small IT department within a school.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice to support the IT Service Team in the running of the IT Service Desk. This service desk is the single point of contact for all calls from customers relating to the IT Services and IT Systems.
You will be expected to assist in the day-to-day running of the School's IT infrastructure, including PCs, MacBooks, Chromebooks, iPADs, interactive whiteboard, projectors
You will be reporting to the Senior IT engineer.
- Ensure a high level of customer care
- Provide first line fault finding for all devices and peripherals
- Provide technical support for class rooms and office
- Provide audio visual support for projectors, screens
- Provide training to staff
- Unpack, install, register and configure new IT equipment
- Undertake routine maintenance task (e.g. servicing projectors, monitoring backups)
- Liaise with all users of IT including staff, students and service providers
- Treating all information acquired through employment in confidence
- Be positive and friendly, demonstrate a
- Demonstrate a logical approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Be a very strong team player
- Strong interest in all matters of IT
- Experience in a IT related role
- Experience in the use of service desk software
Basic understanding of:
- Microsoft 7 and 10 desktop support
- PC hardware, Chromebook repair and replacement
- Windows Server basics
- AD and GPOs
The ideal candidate would have GCSE's in IT/ English and Maths at Grade C or equivalent
36 hours a week (8 hours a day)
"QA's Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce."
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959462681