The Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group are currently working with a Leading Leeds based Legal Firm who are looking to recruit on a permanent basis a Legal Cashier to start ASAP in Leeds.
You will need to be able to demonstrate experience in bank payments, receipts & reconciliations, billing, an understanding of purchase ledger and nominal ledger, have an understanding of the Solicitors Accounts Rules and have the necessary enthusiasm & drive to work within the legal sector.
What duties will the role include?
The work you will be carrying out will be challenging and wide-ranging and key responsibilities will include;
- Ensuring compliance with the SAR, Money Laundering Regulations and VAT requirements in all aspects of the role
- Adhering to Cyber Security and being vigilant at all times
- Bill processing
- Cheque production
- Daily banking
- Making electronic payments via our on line banking facility
- High volume bank reconciliation
- Distribution and reconciliation of petty cash
- Monitoring incoming and outgoing bank credit payments
- Liaising with fee earners and support staff across the practice, ensuring excellent client service is delivered at all times
- Performing interest calculations & posting them onto the system
- Ad-hoc project work
- Experience gained from working in a busy legal cashiering role
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to prioritise
- Knowledge and experience of using MS Office including Excel
- An ability to work under pressure
- A team player ethos with a strong client focused approach
- Excellent client facing and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- The ability to prioritise effectively and remain calm under pressure
- Accuracy & attention to detail
- Experience in working in a fast paced environment
- Strong organisation skills
- Be confident dealing with telephone queries
To Be Confirmed at Interview
Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group focuses on the recruitment of talent in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of recruitment and talent identification we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at ************************ for more information on Jobs or Recruitment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959453706