Software Developer - Lincoln - Security Services - £35,000 P/A
Lincoln | Security Services | MSSQL | Oracle | VB.NET | ASP.NET | AJAX | VB6 | Classic ASP
A Multinational Security Services company currently requires a Software Developer for a permanent position based in Lincoln. The successful candidate will be working alongside the companies' solution team, project managers and the customer to define requirements for new developments and system upgrades.
The role will be paying up to £35,000 per annum depending on the successful candidates experience and knowledge base.
The successful Software Developer will write and maintain code that meets requirements, provide technical guidance and to support applications during the rollout/ Implementation phase and understand areas for improvement. You will be responsible for documenting requirements, specifications and solutions designs.
- Use knowledge and experience to create applications that are fit for purpose
- Use knowledge and experience of MSSQL and Oracle to create tables within internal databases
- Capture requirements, create use cases and prepare functional requirements and technical designs for implementation
- Assist the business to integrate systems as required
- Knowledge of development/ Scripting languages and frameworks such as VB.NET, ASP.NET, AJAX; TSQL, xml, VB6 and Classic ASP
- Develop software and work with Oracle and SQL databases
- Be able to write and understand database queries
- Full UK Driving License
- Business Analysis knowledge
- Understand Prince2 and Agile project management methodologies
- Write SSIS packages
- Write stored procedures, triggers and functions for database
- Awareness of SCRUM framework
- Knowledge of Web Services (ASMX and WCF); JSON and JQuery
Please do get in touch if you would like to discuss this opportunity further by submitting your most up to date CV in the first instance. If you do not hear back within 48 hours, unfortunately your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959453347