Technical Analyst - Long Term Contract
Mosaic Island, a leading digital business transformation consultancy, are working with numerous customers in the Telecoms and Media sectors.
We are currently working on one particularly exciting and high-profile programme of work which aims to deliver business transformation in a number of areas of our customer's business.
As a result, we are looking for Technical Analyst / Model Manager to join our dynamic team.
About the Project:
A key telecommunications client are currently using the Sparx Enterprise Architect toolset (provided as a Managed Service by Mosaic Island) to model their IT architecture landscape. A centralised Sparx database has been implemented to ensure that all Solution Designers are able to access, and contribute to a common architecture model called the Enterprise Model Repository.
In order to ensure that the model content remains valuable to the business, there is a requirement to govern the material that Solution Designers create in the tool. This is an ongoing activity, not related to a single IT project or initiative.
- Regular reviews of project Sparx EA content, feeding back areas of non-compliance to standards and promoting approved content into the EMR repository for future use
- Running monthly governance sessions to review the status of EMR content and project contributions with Solution Design leadership
- Keeping documentation such as the User Guide and Governance Process up to date, as required
- Running training and refreshers for Sparx champions within the organisation ("train the trainer")
- Run surgeries to support Solution Designers with any queries they have on using Sparx the correct way
- Supporting any extensions or changes to the way Sparx EA is used, for example new types of diagrams/models or rolling out the tool to new user groups (e.g. with demonstations, proof of concepts and thought leadership material)
- Advanced Excel skills (for governance and reporting)
- Intermediate Powerpoint / Word
- UML (e.g. sequence diagrams, component diagrams, entity diagrams)
- Working within an IT Architecture, Analysis or Design team in a large organisation
- Sparx Enterprise Architect (Advantageous - not essential)
- Working in roles within an IT project delivery framework
- Experience presenting, including up to manager level
- High attention to detail
- Process oriented
- Enthusiastic and driven
- Initiative to drive own work load
- Excellent communication, verbal and written
This role is an immediate requirement and rates are highly competitive.
Mosaic Island is an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or Employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements, which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959465236