Automation Engineer | Glasgow | Permanent | £Negotiable
Would you like to work for a brand leader, supplying to a range of global industries from Renewable Energy to Automotive Electronics? Having grown from a start-up over thirty years ago its products are now sold around the globe to many major household brands. From its headquarters in Glasgow, it continues to grow and develop.
Reporting to Principal Engineer and working as part of a small Product Development team, the Automation Engineer will take the lead in improving overall product performance, functionality and quality.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the design, programming, simulation and test of our automated machinery and processes for new and existing products.
- Drive continuous test program improvements and releases to manufacturing for better productivity.
- Monitor reliability metrics and goals to drive quality improvement efforts.
- Provide guidance and technical support to our internal team and interface with our customers regarding any aspect of our control and automation products or processes.
- Advising key suppliers with regards to product selection, verification and qualification.
Qualified to degree level in a relevant subject (e.g. Mechanical, Electronics, Mechatronics Engineering) you will ideally have significant experience in the design of automation systems, covering all stages of the design cycle including:
- Formulating design specifications via detailed modelling.
- Performing conceptual designs to identify best option to pursue with experimental testing to assess key parts.
- Performing detailed design of option selected.
- Build and alpha test prototypes.
- Refine and finalise prototype designs for beta testing.
Additionally, you should understand and be able to implement details of specific technical implementations for realising working automation systems such as, motion control, sensors, localisation and navigation, motion control, automation control.
Knowledge of specific applications sectors such as Automation Control, Printed Circuit Board Assembly and Fabrication, Coating & Converting or experience in designing Factory Automation would be an advantage.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959463175