Net Software Engineer
.Net Software Engineer / Crewe, Cheshire
Assurant, one of the leading providers of mobile device protection in Europe, serves over 30 million European customers. Its businesses develop, underwrite, market and administer specialty insurance including mobile phone insurance, gadget insurance and extended service contracts through collaborative relationships with mobile network operators, retail banks, electronic goods and household appliance manufacturers and retailers.
As a partner we provide solutions which assist our corporate clients to support their customer engagement, growth and loyalty aspirations.
- Software Engineer required to develop tailored solutions that support and deliver the Development roadmap for both Assurant and Assurant clients across multiple platforms.
- Work as part of a team to deliver projects to meet the needs of the business.
- Provide 3rd line support for live systems through the service desk.
- Assist other developers in the department in their day to day work
- Achieve individual performance targets
- Understands what excellence looks like and strives to achieve this
- Awareness of team and department performance and how individual performance contributes to this
- Understand key drivers behind business change and support implementation
- The customer experience is enhanced through the application of TCF principles
- Put the customer at the centre of everything you do and deliver fair customer outcomes
- Understand and apply our regulatory (including TCF) requirements in your role
- Able to articulate service expectations and associated performance standards
- Identify local CI / PI initiatives and help to embed these within the immediate team
- Demonstrate engagement through personal and departmental performance
- Support immediate team and positively demonstrate company values and behaviours
- To embed and live the company values in everything you do
- Adhere to Information Security policy
- One of
- o Graduate in an IT related degree with experience working in a development environment
- o Extensive experience working in a development environment
- Disciplined use of Application Lifecycle Management Tools (JIRA/TFS), working in a Scrum/Agile environment
- Create deployment packages as required
- Work with 3rd Party development partners
- Peer review others code
- Good communications skills
- Good knowledge of C# and or Visual Basic, sufficient to develop and troubleshoot our core apps technologies (desktop/middleware/websites).
- .Net WebAPI 2.0 RESTful Web Services
- MVC Design Pattern
- DI (Castle Windsor)
- SOLID programming
- Awareness of Secure Coding , Threats and Information Security
- Test Frameworks and automated testing
- Version Control Systems (TFS/GIT)
- Continuous Integration (MS Build/Jenkins/Octopus Deploy)
- Good knowledge of T-SQL including creation and maintenance of complex stored procedures
- Xamarin and mobile development (advantage)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leader
Assurant is a fast paced organisation that has large growth plans. This role will not only provide you with excellent career progression but will let you be part of the success story
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959465404