2nd Line Deskside Support Engineer - Canary Wharf
We are currently looking for highly customer-focused and enthusiastic Deskside Support Engineer with a genuine interest in solving peoples IT issues. The successful candidate should be technically competent, possess good communication skills and be willing to collaborate with the wider IT support teams.
Based in Central London, you will be supporting a customer who sets high standards for themselves and expects the same standards of FDS as their support provider.
Day to day activities include resolving a wide variety of desktop software and hardware issues and requests, while minimizing disruption to our users. You are also the on-site hands & eyes support for the server, storage, telecommunications and network teams.
- Desktop Engineer Role dealing with hardware break fix of PCs Laptops and some printers. Dealing also with requests such as asset refreshes and issuing of other IT kit to customers.
- Respond to hardware and software service calls and ensure SLA targets are achieved
- Adhere to escalation procedures
- Perform hardware and software installations as necessary
- Assist with technical escalations for other team members,
- Adhere to customer Security Policies
- Ability to follow processes and procedures
- Order parts and some understanding of stock control processes
- Solid HP laptop hardware breakfix experience
- Knowledge of Win 10 software support/hardware rollout/new joiner setups.
- A broad technical knowledge of PC?s/peripherals and their architecture
- Previous experience in 1st/2nd line desktop support role
- Good working knowledge of current software packages
- Good working knowledge of operating system
- Accredited in relevant manufacturers hardware qualification
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure
- Ability to work on own initiative, address and resolve problems in a pressurised environment
- Ability to diagnose faults in the hardware/software/operating systems used by the customer
- Excellent organisational skills, able to take a methodical approach to service issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join us and as an employee you will gain access to a large library of training courses and accreditations to help further your skills and development.
We also offer an excellent benefits package including personal pension plan, and various other flexible benefits including private medical cover, life insurance, and flexible holiday to name a few.
Apply now for consideration!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959463419