Software Test Analyst
The fastest growing toy retailer in the UK is looking for a Software Test Analyst to join a fantastic head office team based in Amersham.
The Entertainer is one of UK Retail's success stories with over a 140 stores in the UK and a rapidly growing Online and International business. We have opened over 30 new stores in the past two years and we have ambitious growth plans for 2018. Toy retailing is demanding and fast paced but also fun and every day brings new challenges. We are also a family run company that truly cares about our people, our customers and the communities in which we trade. We have been named as one of The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for and offer a friendly, supportive culture where training and development is put first to help you aim higher in your career.
Reporting into the Head of IT the Software Test Analyst will be involved throughout the full IT project life-cycle. Key functions will include the documented capture & sign-off of testing requirements, compilation and management of a regression test script library, test planning & testing with key business users and 3rd party teams and supporting multiple on-going projects.
Responsibilities - Software Test Analyst
- Working with project team and meeting with system users to understand the scope of projects
- Identifying business requirements, project planning, performance testing, functional testing, writing & executing associated test scripts
- Testing in different environments sub as web and mobile, compiling issue logs and problem solving
- Overseeing additional testing resource on various project streams
- Managing test environments and data sets to allow for realistic test scenarios to be performed
- Managing and maintaining a library of test scripts for future use
- Assisting service team scalability testing as part of peak planning process
- Designing tests to mitigate risk and deliver quality assurance
- Presenting findings to software development and business user teams
- Implementing and shaping testing for the brand and looking at any future opportunities
Required Skills - Software Test Analyst
- Degree or higher level education. BTEC and/or Multiple experiences of the full IT project lifecycle in a retail environment
- Multiple application experience to include Web, EPOS and Warehouse Systems
- Strong problem solving & excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work with both internal/external & business/technical teams
- Experience of testing processes & defect reporting/tracking
- Experience in performing both functional and systems software testing across a wide range of retail platforms
The Software Test Analyst role requires a proactive individual comfortable working with both IT & business colleagues. It could be an ideal step up role for a skilled software test analyst looking for a high degree of autonomy in their next role. In return for your enthusiasm, attention to detail and analytical approach you will receive a strong benefits package including a profitability bonus of up to 15% of base salary, pension, life cover and cycle to work scheme. The business is expanding year on year which means career development opportunities for the right candidate.
If you would enjoy being part of our success story then apply now to be considered for our Software Test Analyst
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959451181