Our client is currently seeking an experienced Chief Accountant to join their busy team.
As a Chief Accountant you will be responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Chief Accountant supervises the staff (Accounting assistant, Cost Accountant) and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Support the production of key statutory/legal accounting reports as well as other internal management reports
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- Assist the Controller in the daily requirements
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner
- Support budget and forecasting activities
- Develop and implement policies and procedures with emphasis on internal controls
- Ensure Risk Management procedures based on the Group Corporate Governance and Risk Management policies
- Collaborates with the central team and other department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Cost Analyst with special projects and workflow process improvements. Create reporting/evaluation process that ensures team is being held accountable for performance and appropriate corrective action and opportunity development occurs
What You Need to Succeed:
- Strong financial accounting background Education: BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, MBA degree and/or CPA are preferred
- Five - Seven years prior experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal and customer oriented skills
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great company. If it sounds like the perfect role for you, apply today!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959439848