Service Delivery Engineer
Job Title: Service Delivery Engineer
Salary: Up to £50k per annum plus excellent benefits
A leading global security company is on the lookout for a Service Delivery Engineer to be responsible for day to day technical operations of a compliance service platform and associated applications.
They are passionate about making the internet safer and revolutionising the way organisations think about cyber security. That's why they have over 35 offices and is trusted by over 5,000 blue chip clients worldwide!
You will be working in a team of technical operations staff who collectively have responsibility for delivering highly available customer facing services.
Key activities include:
- Reactive analysis and resolution of problems across the infrastructure applications, involving our development teams where necessary.
- The planning, testing and deployment of new software releases from Product Management to production without disruption to customers.
- The planning and deployment of website releases from Marketing to production without disruption to the service.
- Server management of AWS and proprietary services including CDN Management
- Proactive database and systems management to ensure high performance, secure and error free operation of our high availability production environment.
- Providing 3rd line support to our service desk where appropriate.
- Project management of tasks requiring input of multiple departments.
- Shared responsibility for maintaining the security, availability and performance of the technical infrastructure.
Key Requirements/Skill Sets:
- A minimum of 3-4 years of experience supporting enterprise class, secure, customer facing applications solutions in a private or public cloud space.
- Experienced in using application logs and OS level logs to manage application debugging, diagnosis of problems and working with developers to implement fixes.
- Experience of delivering highly available multi-tier web server applications, including working with load-balancing and CDN systems, and experience of monitoring, error isolation, escalation, and resolution of problems.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server/PostgreSQL operational aspects including maintenance, backup, high availability (mirroring and replication) and schema management.
- Good experience of managing Windows Server environments.
- Experience in using monitoring software to measure and alert on availability of mission critical environments. Experience of tools like Check_MK, Solarwinds, Elasticsearch, Logstash an advantage.
- Demonstrable ability and track record in understanding new software and applications.
- Experience of operating with, not just exposure to, modern technical architectures, core constructs and design practices. An understanding of functional requirements analysis, workflow design, user acceptance criteria and testing, 'user experience' best practices and project delivery lifecycles.
- Demonstrable understanding of, and ability to help design high availability environments.
- Good knowledge and practical experience of TCP/IP and standard services (SMTP, SNMP, DNS, etc.)
- Good understanding of SSL Certificate management.
- A university degree in a computing discipline or equivalent.
If you'd like to progress an application, please apply with your CV today!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959459751