DIGITAL FORENSICS TECHNICIAN
Job Title: Digital Forensics Technician
Rate: £10.47 (PAYE) p/hour
This role is inside IR35
A major Public Sector Client of ours is currently looking for a Digital Forensics Technician to join their team on an initial 3 months contract.
You will be required to support digital forensic investigations and examinations, involving all types of digital devices, by providing investigative staff with forensically sound access to exhibits, and both preparing and maintaining equipment to ensure the efficient recovery of data, in support of crime investigations and policing operations.
Providing administration support around applications from operational officers, exhibit management and undertaking triage functions within the department, all in compliance with the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) and International Standards Organisation (ISO).
Key Skills required:
- Good knowledge and digital device architecture, configuration and disassembly techniques.
- Good oral and written communication skills are essential in order to provide advice and guidance to cutomers to ensure correct procedures are followed.
- Previous technical experience in a digital device environment, eg. computer repair network administration or mobile telephone handset repair.
- Good experience of problem solving, in methodical and orderly manner.
- Willingness and ability to succesfully acheive a pass on the college of policing core skills in digital forensics course.
- Ability to support the operation of a variety of forensic hardware and software tools relevant to the role.
- Ability to perform the role with minimal supervision.
- Ability to complete a recognised manual handling course.
- Awareness of criminal law and procedures and rules of evidence relevant to the role. Knowledge of relevant legislation is required on order to provide advice to customers to ensure the continuity of all exhibits/intelligence is maintained.
- Succesfully completed the recommended internal NPCC recommended training course.
If you have the required skills and are interested, please get in touch ASAP.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959443571