Group IT Manager - AS400 / i-Series / IBM i
Group IT Manager - West Yorkshire
Salary including Benefits Package - up to £55k (dep on exp)
Position based near Halifax, commutable from Huddersfield, Wakefield, Bradford, Leeds, Keighley, Barnsley, Rochdale, Bury, North Manchester.
An exciting opportunity has opened up for an experienced IBM i / AS400 / i-Series orientated systems development professional to join a successful UK wide service & manufacturing company in the capacity of GROUP IT MANAGER.
Based out of their modern HQ in West Yorkshire your role will be to manage a small yet highly experienced team, as well as the hardware estate of both IBM i and Wintel servers. The role requires the successful individual to be forward looking and highly proactive as there are several business critical projects planned including upgrades to the IBM i, and the rolling out a mobile applications to all the field staff.
The business is spread over four main locations across the UK, so some travel will be required to support the remote offices. A full UK Drivers Licence is therefore essential.
- Ensure the group computer systems are working as required
- Keep the IT team fully occupied with relevant projects
- Support the IT team and help them grow in their position
- Maintain and upgrade the existing computer systems
- Work with users to design new systems and changes to the current systems
- Analysis and programming of work on the computer systems
- Support of all users of the computer systems
- Visit and support remote offices
- Integrate and merge acquired companies systems and data
- Ensure backups are taken and secured
- Keep abreast of current technology, theory and practice
- Actively seek out new techniques and tools
- Excellent communication
- Business knowledge
- Analytical including problem solving
- Ability to see projects from inception to implementation
- Flexible; dealing with all areas and different types of work and problems
- Man management. Good interpersonal skills
- IBM i system knowledge and programming skills:
- - RPG & RPGLE ? free format
- - Embedded SQL
- - Service Programs
- - Activation groups
- - Memory pointers
- - CLLE
- Liaising with all levels of staff from users to Directors and Auditors
- Meet with users and management to discuss system requests
- Analysis of work requests how it will work and integrate
- Design of work to implement and integrate then present design to users
- Full project life cycle from initial idea to implementation and support
- Proactive attitude to suggesting changes
Although not essential, knowledge of the following packages / methodologies would be beneficial:
- OpenText DocManager
- Rocket LegaSuite
- Android development
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced IT Manager with proven man-management skills, who still has an active role within the development and support of AS400 / i-Series / IBM i systems to take this department further, and guide the business through improvements and enhancements where necessary.
For more information on this role please contact ROB OWEN at VALIA Recruitment Solutions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959459304