Halifax, West Yorkshire
Up to £50,000 (DOE) + Extensive Benefits Package
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
Our team is growing, so we are on the lookout for a talented Software Developer to join our Operations Team, based at our Halifax office.
The purpose of the Software Developer will be ?
As a Software Developer, you will be working with systems that are integral part of the policy life cycle and are key to some of our larger clients and so, by using your expert knowledge and experience of software engineering, you will help the team continue to provide market leading solutions to our customers.
We?d like to meet a Software Developer with experience in the following -
- Visual Studio
- XML web services
- SQL 2008 and above
- Code reviews
- Setting guidelines / standards
- Forward facing / planning over view / project planning
Front End Experience ?
Desirable but not essential skills and knowledge ?
- Previous work within the insurance industry
- Oracle database
- Visual basic 6
- Use of tools called SoapUI and Wireshark
What?s in it for you?
- A unique working environment where you?ll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all with the one strong, clear vision ? to be the leading provider of insurance technology software.
- Generous salary and matching pension scheme.
- A clear, personal learning and development plan.
- Generous holiday allowance, free parking and subsidised gym memberships.
- Life insurance, cycle to work scheme and a large range of employee discounts and benefits.
The Software Developer responsibilities include -
- Developing and maintaining software to the quality standards of an industry leader
- Performing requirement analysis, working with colleagues and customers to ensure they obtain the maximum benefit from their investment in our products
- Taking an analytical approach, innovating, evaluating solutions and making recommendations throughout the development lifecycle
- Working to stay within or exceed project deadlines
- Carrying out testing to make sure our software is of the highest quality
A career with us:
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best.
We have a strong, clear vision ? to be the leading provider of insurance technology software ? and our values describe what makes SSP unique, and capture the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do.
The Software Developer plays a crucial role in delivering our vision and values through you, your team and the business.
To apply for the role of Software Developer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Software Developer, Software Engineer, C# Developer, C# Programmer, Software App Developer, Software Application Developer, Application Developer, Developer, Programmer.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959460267