Qualified accountant job based either Norwich, Ipswich or Colchester.
Hays Practice are seeking qualified accountants for a large regional accountancy firm with offices across East Anglia.
You will work as part of the Business and Private Department, preparing accounts for partnerships, sole traders and companies drafting tax computations, drafting Self-Assessment and Partnership Tax Returns and providing a hands on compliance role that exceeds client expectations and supports the partner/manager team.
The successful candidate will have the responsibility for all aspects of their clients work and opportunity to get involved in business development activity.
- Preparing the accounts of business clients.
- Preparing business tax computations and returns as required
- Preparing Self-Assessment and Partnership Tax Returns
- Reviewing accounting and tax work prepared by others
- Managing workload and client expectations
- Working within budgets set at the planning stage.
- Overseeing junior staff in the preparation of accounts, providing training where required and assisting with their development.
- Ensuring the efficient use of appropriate software packages internally and supporting clients' accounting systems.
- Maintains up to date understanding of clients business.
- Maintains good working relationships with client staff.
- Is aware of the wide range of services the firm can offer and spots opportunities to potentially sell those services to clients.
- Takes an active role in business development, and promoting the firm in the local area.
- Qualified (ACA, ACCA).
- Preparation of personal tax returns.
- Experience of working in an accountancy practice
- Experience of using Microsoft packages, internet, email and computerised packages.
- Proven ability to adapt quickly to changing deadlines and priorities
- Management of own client portfolio
Please apply online or contact Cara Whyte at Hays for more details
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77421748