Billing Team Leader
Our client looks after water, wastewater, gas and electricity needs of over 300,000 businesses across England and Wales and are poised to become a major force in the business utilities market.
They are looking for an exceptional team leader who really understands how to connect with customers and colleagues to successfully deliver daily billing processes. Ideally with a background in customer service, you will know what it takes to make sure the billing operation meets the needs of their customers.
You?ll be a proficient leader, a natural coach, remain calm under pressure and act as a catalyst in the continuous improvement journey.
You may also have knowledge of the Gentrack Velocity billing system although not essential.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Be an inspirational leader able to create a shared desire to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Lead a team to deliver right first-time billing that is up to date and performing within service levels.
- Manage the end-to-end billing process for water/sewerage, trade effluent and consolidated billing customers ensuring effective billing to maximise revenue.
- Ensure that market performance obligations are delivered.
You will be able to:
- Lead a billing team to deliver a great customer experience by making it easy for customers and ensuring service commitments are met
- Promote a performance culture within the team, recognising and rewarding excellent performance, inspiring aspiration and challenging performance
- Contribute to cash targets be the effective management of workstreams.
- Promote the growth of self-service channels for the customer base including, direct debit, e-billing
- Identify opportunities for added value service sales e.g. high-consumption and pass to sales teams
- Manage and drive the performance of the billing team, including continuous professional development through coaching & mentoring
- Be a dynamic people manager/leader and comfortable with operational delivery.
- You will thrive under pressure, generating solutions and motivated by delivery.
- You will naturally be customer focussed and recognise the value of team work to deliver excellence internally and externally.
- Be a competent communicator, you will enjoy managing external parties to achieve success, being demanding in your approach.
Applications will close at 17:00 on Tuesday 14 November 2017.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959441545