Location: Hemel Hempstead with occasional travel to London EC2
Salary: £25,000 p.a.
Working Hours 8.30am to 5.30pm
Reporting to: Release Manager
ETX Capital provides financial derivatives in the form of CFDs, Spreads Bets or Margined FX; we have a broad range of Clients including small institutions, high net worth clients and retail clients, who form a large part of our business.
Headquartered in London with a Technology Centre in Hemel Hempstead, we are a leading provider of online trading services and a new opportunity has arisen for someone that is interested in starting a career in Release Management.
The Role of the Release Engineer:
You will be responsible for the implementation of source code control and release tools, techniques and processes for the ETX Capital customer and trading platforms. You will be a key part of the Development team, working to improve source code control and release management. You will also be involved in the onward design and development of these processes. As we see this as an opportunity to
- Work with the Release Manager to implement source code and release processes for all customer facing and internal platforms.
- Review and maintain procedures for application deployment and environment configuration.
- Work alongside development and support colleagues to rationalise and improve the building, management and deployment of software patches and releases.
- Maintain environment documentation and educate development team on configuration.
- Identify, track and drive resolution of release/build issues.
- Contribute to the onward design and development of the ETX Capital?s build and release automation.
- Work closely with the Testing team to resolve issues that arise during the testing of developed software.
- Work with the IT Support team to resolve problems with the deployment process of code changes and associated technology.
This is not intended to be an exhaustive or exclusive list of duties. You may be required to carry out any other associated tasks to ensure the successful delivery of the company?s objectives.
Skills and experience required of the Release Manager:
You will have a Computer or Science related degree and / or good A level grades (or equivalents) in Maths, Physics or a related subject.
Ideally, you will have gained some basic work experience in software support or development and be keen to develop your career in Release Management.
Your experience can have been gained during an Internship or Work Experience during University, as an Apprentice or in previous working roles.
Important qualities are:-
- An enthusiasm for technology and the desire to improve software processes.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to meet timelines and prioritise tasks.
- Good communication skills to include with the ability to understand and communicate issues succinctly and without ambiguity.
You will have been exposed to some or all of the following:-
- Configuring, deploying and maintaining applications on a Microsoft Platform (IIS, Windows Server, SQL Server).
- Deploying and configuring Windows and web applications (ASP.NET applications, web services (WCF, Web API), Windows desktop applications).
- Source code repositories, preferably GIT.
- Web technologies (ASP.NET, services, C#) and IIS administration.
- Continuous integration build systems such as Jenkins, Bamboo or Cruise control.
- Agile software development methodologies such as Scrum.
- PowerShell and the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Bamboo, Stash).
- Automated software deployment tools such as Octopus Deploy or Puppet
- SQL Server
- C# and/or VB.Net.
We are only able to consider applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK
Release Engineer Benefits:
- 25 days? holiday plus bank holidays
- Private medical cover
- Employee assistance programme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Subsidized gym membership
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Salary sacrifice pension, childcare voucher and cycle to work schemes
Note some of these benefits are available after successful completion of a probationary period.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Release Engineer role is right for you then please apply today!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959454552