IT helpdesk support technician
Active Network Services are an IT consultancy based just North of Cambridge. We require an IT help desk support technician to assist in maintaining one of our customer’s network of about 200 users and 30 servers. The role will be based at the customer’s site in St Ives near Huntingdon.
Successful applicants will have a strong academic background coupled with previous IT helpdesk experience and be accomplished in troubleshooting a broad range of user IT issues.
Experience of the following is essential:
- Windows 7 and 10
- Microsoft Office 2010, 2013 and 2016
- Setup and configuring of laptops / pcs and smart phones
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
- Basic knowledge of Windows Server 2008 and 2012
- Active directory / Microsoft domains
In addition, the following would be advantageous:
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010
- Vmware virtualisation technologies
- Networking : Switches, Vlans, Wireless networks
- Security – Firewalls , vpns, remote access
- ISO 27001 – Information security
Candidates should have exceptional communication skills and use these to interact with both colleagues and users. In addition to this you will be self-motivated, with proven analytical and problem solving skills, and an ability to prioritise and manage your own workload effectively.To apply for this position please send your Curriculum Vitae and a covering email describing how you meet the criteria for the role.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77463987