Commercial Process Engineer - Pumps and Valves
Commercial Process Engineer
£40,000- £42,000, Company Bonus, 25days Holiday
Mineral Processing Equipment (Pumps and Valves)
Lancashire - Relocation in the UK will be supported
A Manufacturer of Pumps and Valves requires a Proposals Engineer to join and support their busy sales team. The role will be based out of the companies Lancashire office. The main objective of the role is the complete both large and small proposal, which the view of securing business. Therefore you must have a good understanding of Mechanical Engineering in order to know the cost and materials involved.
- A sound technical background, including knowledge of Process Equipment specifically crushers , screens, feeders, Enduron Screens and Mining plants and application and use other products or their equivalent including experience in detailing and understanding process flow sheets, equipment lists and plant solutions
- Be clear at understanding the RFQ documentation received from the customer to be able to identify technical and commercial sections to thereafter provide clear summaries to other support areas, aiding Product Selections and Commercial consideration for the final Tender documents.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines, experience in dealing with customers directly.
- Computer literate, particularly MS Word, Excel & Lotus Notes, additionally as a preference knowledge SAP and CRM systems.
- From an engineering / manufacturing (Mechanical Eng), background with previous pricing experience.
- Negotiation, cost management and all aspects of the Estimating process
- Handling internal & external customer enquiries for the companies products including pumps, process equipment, valves and rubber products.
- Producing timely quotations including:
- Assessment of customer enquiries and correct selection of products to suit requirements, using published data.
- Preparation of tenders including technical data, customer data sheets and pricing information.
- Ensure agreed margins are maintained and maximized where possible alongside the appropriate sales team.
- Problem solving and technical assistance for existing customers and installations.
- Continue to provide support towards contract handling and production related activities for quotations that become orders.
- Support the sales team in provision of "cost" estimates, commercial and technical support.
- 5 GCSE grades c or above of which English, Mathematics & Science are included.
- Further education HNC level (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately White Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959446019