Compliance Manager required for a 6 month, fixed term contract based in Aberdeen City Centre
Your new company
You'll be working for a highly-established asset management company, based in Aberdeen City Centre.
Your new role
You will be play an integral role in overseeing and leading the UK Compliance Department with the objective of managing the risks in line with the groups Appetite Statement. You will manage a number of direct reports across the 2nd line of defence function within the organisation. You will be responsible to provide oversight of the major shareholding process to ensure that the Group makes all necessary disclosures to the regulators or government authorities.
- Liaison with other Global Compliance Teams to ensure they are familiar with compliance processes
- Oversee and implement new application systems, whilst adhering to standards
- Work in partnership with the Global Compliance and Business Systems Teams to improve processes and mitigate risks
- Provide input and assist with Group Regulatory reporting projects
- Prepare reports for management
- Ensure best and ethical practices across the Group is adhered to in line with regulatory standards
What you'll need to succeed
Previous experience working in a similar position is essential, with a Compliance, Accounting or Legal background seen as advantageous.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of managing direct reports
- Advanced Excel skills
- Passes in regulatory exams including IOC/ IMC
What you'll get in return
An excellent salary is on offer for a 6 month fixed term contract. There is a potential of the position becoming permanent but cannot be promised at this stage. This is also City Centre based with a company who have recently merged and experiencing growth.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77382414