Sales & Tendering Engineer
Sales & Tendering Engineer, Thame
Our client has an opportunity looking for a Sales & Tendering Engineer who has experience in administering of a CRM software system to join their team based in Thame on a full time, permanent basis. You will receive a competitive salary plus benefits including Childcare vouchers, Company Sick Pay, Private Medical Insurance and Pension.
They have over 100 years’ industry experience and specialise in high-performance medium voltage switchgear for utility, industrial and commercial applications. They enable the safe and reliable distribution of energy to homes and businesses worldwide.
About their Sales & Tendering Engineer role
Working along side the Senior Sales and Tendering Engineer the role is primarily internal and is to support the sales and tendering process, by assisting with tendering, administration, Contracts handover, customer handling and sales generation. This will also involve the direct support for the sales team, assisting them with their external activities.
This role would be Thame Office based.
Responsibilities of a Sales & Tendering Engineer include:
- Support the external sales/export engineers, gather their data and help with the return actions.
- Communicate customer requirements internally.
- Maintenance of Tender Procedures and documentation eg. Tender Templates/Descriptions, Literature/IOMs/Type Test Certs for inclusion in tenders, tenders themselves, skeleton files post Contracts handover
- Maintain and update the Saleslogix CRM system.
- Follow-up open tenders to assist sales managers.
- Setting appointments and assistance in getting hold of key contacts.
- Continue to develop database of generic drawings
- Customer Pre-qualification questionnaires
- Support for UK and Export Agents and Distributors.
- Assist Snr Sales and Tendering Engineer with Bid / Tender Bond Management
To become their Sales & Tendering Engineer you must have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Sound understanding of contractual and INCO terms and conditions
- Understanding and application of commercial terminology e.g. margins & factors
- Competent in using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Experience of Teamcenter CAD application
- Experience in administering of a CRM software system
- Knowledge and experience of tendering engineered equipment worldwide
- Contract engineering and electrical engineering knowledge would be an advantage
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- GCSE in Maths and English / A levels
- Degree/HND/GNVQ qualification would be an advantage
Our client is the perfect company if you would like to develop and meet your long term career goals. Why not click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join their business as a Sales & Tendering Engineer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77464658