Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant
Exciting, Dynamic Accountancy Practice - Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper - Practice Experience Essential
Your new company
Fast growing, forward thinking practice which has grown by 20-30% annually for the last 5 years. At the forefront of the change in technology and up to speed with modern practices, they offer the chance for someone to grow a bright career at the front end of Accountancy.
If you are AAT qualified or have good practice experience as a Bookkeeper this could be perfect to take you to the next stage. Candidates who impress will, in time, be given the chance to study ACA and become Chartered Accountants.
Your new role
To provide bookkeeping, accounts preparation and VAT returns service to our clients
You must have at least 18 months existing Chartered Practice experience
To assist the Business services team in providing support to clients requiring more than a compliance role for annual accounts. Working in a team to produce and review VAT returns and management information on a timely basis to support client management teams and enable senior staff to fulfil their role to advise on accounts and tax matters throughout the year.
- Undertake bookkeeping for clients using Sage, Iris, excel for bookkeeping
- Accounts preparation work for simple cases including companies, partnerships and sole traders.
- Complete bookkeeping and VAT returns, and maintaining reconciled trial balances.
- Review bookkeeping and VAT returns prepared by a client
- Dealing with client queries.
- Prepare management accounts, for review by more senior staff and discussing results with the client.
- Used to working to budget and achieving targets for chargeable hours.
- Practice experience is essential
- Qualified, or qualified by experience bookkeeper
- Professional and approachable manner
- Enthusiastic team player
- Shows and takes the initiative
- Flexible in approach to work
- Works well under pressure
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients
- Preferable to have practice experience
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77423497