Software Support Technicians
This leading provider of CRM software is looking for trainee Support Technicians to join their team in Chippenham, Wiltshire.
They provide market-leading sales and marketing solutions which has been developed over a period of 25 years. They have customers in over 35 countries around the world and are at the cutting edge of cloud-based business software with offices both in the UK and US.
Your role as a Support Technician will be to carry out problem analysis, usability support and configuration tasks to ensure the successful delivery of their systems to meet business and user requirements. Full on-the-job training will be given in our software systems and support systems.
As a Support Technician, your job includes:
- To update all relevant Service Desk systems in support of the Incident Management and Request Fulfillment processes ensuring that updates are accurate and in accordance with policies and standards.
- To help identify and resolve underlying issues in accordance with internal processes.
- To provide support to other teams as appropriate in proactive activities such as problem analysis, system configurations and query reporting.
- To provide technical advice and assistance to clients about the use of standard software and hardware products.
- To promote and encourage the smooth transition of knowledge to and from the Service Desk Team, by working in partnership with other internal teams and project teams.
- To draft communications such as notices regarding downtime and publicity to be approved by the Service Desk Manager before being issued.
- To update user manuals, frequently asked questions (FAQs) and technical support documentation for end users and colleagues, as directed by the Service Desk Manager, to capture knowledge and sharing information effectively.
- To take part in the team meetings ensuring updates are timely and correct.
What experience and skills do I need ?
- A clear and logical mind, and a demonstrable aptitude for working with software systems.
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Excellent professional telephone manner and interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to help customers and "go the extra mile"
In addition, you will ideally, although not essential , have the following skills and attributes:
- Completion of a computer related higher education course.
- Knowledge of SQL and HTML would be advantageous
- Knowledge of IT Service desk functions.
- Experience of working in a fast moving department.
- Working knowledge of incident management and request fulfillment processes.
- Experience of delivering services in a demanding customer service environment.
- Practical ability to diagnose software faults that are affecting service.
- Be prepared to work in a rotating shift covering the Service Desk working hours (between 8:30 and 5pm)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77404244