Salary: Circa £22k plus 5% flexible benefit fund
You will assist in delivering a strategic procurement/commercial service for our NHS client stakeholders with an allocated portfolio of corporate services categories. You will contribute significantly to the delivery of allocated commercial projects within the key markets, ensuring contract compliance, sustainable cost improvements, and a range of benefits across the members.
This is an ideal role for someone willing to learn, who is looking for the next step in their procurement career.
- Meet customer requirements by demonstrating best value for money, through compliance with category priorities and contracts, and by actively managing the market place through development of key strategies for customer, supplier and contract management
- Operate under approved frameworks, processes and systems that are in place; providing a comprehensive and effective sourcing and purchasing function mirroring strict industrial governance standards
- Meet and exceed customer requirements by providing innovative solutions and demonstrating best value
- Support the Senior Category Managers and Senior Category Managers in delivery of cost and efficiency savings across a national footprint of Trusts and other public sector bodies, by analysing current spend in specific categories to support the development of procurement/commercial strategies
- Support contract compliance in allocated categories, pursuing procurement excellence through the implementation of efficient and effective procurement projects within key market
- Support the promotion of integrated alignment of strategic aims and policy objectives, thereby ensuring stakeholders and customer commitment with sourcing plans are compliant over the long term
- Future proof contract decisions by conducting robust research and fact based market intelligence to support the adoption of innovation, evaluation and introduction of new and emerging technologies
- Support the Corporate Services team with general administrative tasks and assist with basic data analysis
You must have:
- Procurement knowledge and experience including knowledge of strategic sourcing methodologies and knowledge of supply chain
- Familiarity and clear understanding of market areas related to specific work categories IT/Office/Business; finance knowledge; business development and marketing plans; business accounting
- Willingness to learn and motivated to pursue a career in procurement
- Ability to work as part of a team or in isolation
- Time management skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and stakeholder influencing skills
- Confident communication skills face to face and on the telephone
You might also have:
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or appropriate professional institute or relevant experience
- Knowledge of procurement legislation and EU procurement law
- Public sector or healthcare experience
- Experience of running and completing tenders
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. We currently work with 100% of the NHS Commissioning organisations and over a third of NHS Trusts, providing a high level of governance and accountability for around £100 billion of NHS spend annually. We also provide a full range of solutions for NHS Provider organisations, ensuring cost improvements and efficiency savings, as well as improved data management and reporting.
NHS SBS is a unique joint venture between the Department of Health and Sopra Steria. Our mission is delivering £1 billion savings back to the NHS by 2020 and we have already delivered audited savings of over £350m. We provide cost improvements of around 30% for our clients, as well as providing added value solutions.
Find out more
Visit the NHS SBS website and the NHS SBS LinkedIn company page.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959456425