Maths Subject Leader
Location: Milton Keynes
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per annum
Salary: £26216 - £33232 + £4,000 Skills supplement
Closing date: 15th November 2017
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mathematics Lecturer / Teacher to join our English and Maths faculty.
We are seeking a Mathematics subject leader who keeps values at the core of their teaching. Someone who is committed to our ethos of working in partnership with individual students to ensure everyone achieves their full potential. In support of this you will plan and deliver inspirational, engaging maths lessons to ensure our students participate and develop their skills to enable them to progress and achieve.
The successful candidate will be a talented, highly motivated and enthusiastic Functional Skills & GCSE Maths Subject leader, you will contribute to the delivery of our ambitious vision within the Maths department. The ideal candidate will have the ability and drive to inspire diverse groups of young people to achieve their full potential.
Candidates should have a relevant professional qualification and experience of teaching maths in a classroom setting. You will be able to demonstrate the ability to motivate students through the use of varied teaching and learning strategies with an emphasis on student progression and differentiation.
The Maths department is a dynamic and versatile team that delivers inspiring and engaging lessons across the whole College. We work closely with the curriculum areas in order to create English and Maths sessions that relate directly to the students’ vocational qualifications. We deliver excellent courses to meet the needs of around 2000 students on campus whilst maintaining a supportive and inclusive environment. We already have two Curriculum Innovation Leaders who work at the forefront of staff development and curriculum structure ensuring that the English and Maths team are spearheading excellent delivery of the latest specifications to equip our students with the relevant skills to thrive and achieve.
More about the rewards
- 35 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays
- Able to apply for an NUS Extra Card, offering a wide range of High Street Discounts
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- On-site Early Years Nursery
- Discounts within The Graduate Salon and The Brasserie restaurant, based at Bletchley Campus
- Continued Professional Development Opportunities
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Free Parking at our main campuses
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Contributions towards Eye Tests for Visual Display users
- Plus many more
As a successful candidate you will have…
- A strong track record of good or better teaching and learning delivery across a range of levels, attaining high quality student outcomes
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a mathematics
- A recognised higher level teaching qualification
- Strong curriculum knowledge, subject leadership and team working that delivers multiple and diverse teaching methods
- An ability to engage and motivate students to deliver high performance outcomes in a further education environment
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 – 18-year-old full-time students studying traditional A Levels, vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education. In addition, the College delivers employability and key skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres and is one of the largest providers of Offender Learning in England, working with 27 prisons across the East Midlands, South Central and West Midlands.
To apply, please follow the job board application instructions to submit your CV. You will then be sent an email directing you to the College Careers Portal to complete your application.