Mechanical Design Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Mechanical Design Engineer to work for a company who design and manufacture handheld controllers.
The successful candidate will have extensive hands-on and design experience. The ability to lead and co-ordinate a team is desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To develop plastic and metal and injection moulded solutions for current and new R&D projects
Take ownership of current part issues and product updates as required.
Provide new product concepts and ergonomic design ideas
To assist with the development of the engineering department.
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively within a team of externally contracted engineers and manufacturing staff based predominantly in the United States.
The ability to work autonomously and accept flexible working hours within this fast-paced environment.
Your Experience / Skills
- Substantial experience with SOLIDWORKS
- Working knowledge of product design
- Experienced mechanical engineer
- Co-ordination of product life cycle from initial product design to obsolescence
- Extensive knowledge of Design for Manufacture
- Substantial experience of plastic injection moulding.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959443360