Design Engineer - Large/Complex Fabrications
Role Title: Design Engineer ? Large Fabrications
Reporting to: Programme Manager - Producibility
QuEST Global is a pure play engineering solutions company with a proven track record that serves the product lifecycle needs of high technology companies. A pioneer in offshore product development engineering, QuEST Global is one of the largest engineering service providers that cater to diversified verticals. With its local-global model, QuEST Global combines physical proximity to the customer providing domain knowledge and ease of interaction; along with delivery from low cost locations that also provides easy resource ramp-up.
To operate in a Design team carrying out challenging programmes of work on state of the art aircraft engines. The roles offer opportunities for developing skills, knowledge and experience in this exciting industry.
This involves working on Producibility tasks associated with Non Conformance Management applying design and engineering principles. The role is for a Design Assessor in the Large Fabrications areas of Installations.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES (Please list in order of priority)
- Deliver component design work packages for compressor and turbine cases and other precision machined components
- Provide inputs necessary to estimate the effort for delivery of a work pack while meeting the detailed requirements associated with the progression of tasks through review processes.
- Identify technical risks in projects and communicate to the team leader for further action
- Ensure that all project stakeholders have the right information at the right time, through pro-active communication.
- Investigate the non-conformance that is reported to design team. Non-conformance can be due to dimensional deviations, manufacturing process deviations or material specification deviation.
- Review the impact of non-conformance on Fit, Form and Function
- Lay up in NX and perform tolerance stack up calculations as required
- Assess the effect of non-conformance on mating components
- Propose sentencing category
- Propose disposition action (Use As Is, Scrap, Repair)
- Propose the need for specialist assessment (where required)
- Review the non-conformance investigation results with Design Approver
- Present the investigation solution to Non Conformance Authority
- Prepare technical documentation to capture the solution
- Contribute to development of best practices and productivity improvement
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS (ESSENTIAL TO CARRY OUT THIS ROLE)
Applicants should have a proven background in Aerospace Engineering with experience in the design of Aero gas turbine mechanical structures and systems, at component, sub system, system and installation levels.
Experience in the area of large fabrications within aero engine domain is preferred.
- Understand complex geometries and understand the interfaces with other systems.
- Conduct tolerance analysis and assess tolerance stack ups.
- Generate design requirements documents?.
- Understand the meaning and relevance of analysis results; apply this to a design strategy or specific solutions.
- Develop technical solutions, compliant with requirements.
- Experience in Complex/ Large Fabrications design and concessions assessment is desired.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of gas turbine stress and vibration considerations.
- Understanding of the behaviour and limitations of aerospace materials.
- An understanding of component lifing strategies and limitations.
- An understanding of manufacturing methods and processes.
BEng Level or above (or equivalent) in Aeronautical, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRABLE TO CARRY OUT THIS ROLE)
Hands on experience in the design of Aero gas turbine hot and cold section components / assemblies.
Design Assessment for Producibility, experience in Non Conformance Approval and management would be an advantage. Specific experience in Complex/ Large fabrications components is desired.
HND/HNC with relevant experience or BEng with relevant experience
SKILLS/COMPETENCIES (ESSENTIAL TO CARRY OUT THIS ROLE)
- Proven gas turbine design capabilities.
- Good understanding of gas turbine functionality and operability of major components.
- Appreciation of gas turbine, air and oil system design considerations.
- Specific experience in Precision machined components is desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high level of numeracy.
- Experience with UG/NX tools.
- Excellent Computer Literacy with experience of using Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and a diverse staff population.
- Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality with proprietary information.
- Must be confident, resourceful, highly organised and be able to work with little direct intervention
- Self-starter able to work well within a large team
- Ability to train and mentor new engineers once experienced.
- Ability to contribute to knowledge sharing sessions.
- Pro-active planning skills to support delivery
- Good Communication in English (oral & written) & Interpersonal skills
- Customer Focus - Ability to build and develop Customer & Supplier relationships
- Organisational Agility
- Problem solving ability
- Logical Thinking
- Effective Time management
- Result driven
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959456837