AGC Senior Finance Manager
AGC Senior Finance Manager
Job ID: R-58566
We have an exciting opportunity for an AGC Senior Finance Manager, based in London.
Aviva Group Centre Finance is responsible for:
The financial accounting for AGC legal entities ? including reporting to legal entity boards, delivery of board MI and statutory accounts, and support to related governance forums such as the Aviva Group Centre Legal Entity Oversight Committee (ALEOC). Delivery of all relevant financial reporting to Group for the Aviva Group Centre companies including regulatory reporting, MI and statutory reporting.
Responsible for working closely with the AGC Business Partnering team to deliver the AGC plan and regular forecasts of the AGC cost base.
Provide support to business transactions including M&A, capital transactions and internal restructuring projects working closely with wider AGC teams including Tax, Capital, Legal and M&A.
You will have responsibility for the delivery of relevant statutory accounts, management accounts (as required), Group IFRS and regulatory submissions in connection with AGC entities. You?ll be working with the Head of AGC Finance to pro-actively set and drive the agenda for the AGC entities including risks and controls, expense management and change activity.
Key aspects of role
- Lead Reporting Production cycles (both internal and external), e.g. HY, FY, Statutory accounts QF, Plan, etc, ensuring timely and accurate delivery of reports to different stakeholders, making sure reports are produced in line with customer requirements and established controls (FRCF or other). Coordination of wider team workload both, in and out of cycles.
- Stakeholder engagement ? lead relationships with stakeholders in CAO and wider finance team to determine and agree requirements and act as source of expertise on presentation of data / analysis.
- Preparation/review of IFRS reporting and accounting technical papers.
- Consider, understand and communicate the accounting impact of issues (including M&A activity) both from a technical perspective but also consider the external messaging/commercial impact.
- Lead the design, testing and implementation of processes for production of team deliverables (both offshore and onshore). Lead and act as sponsor for continuous improvement and development of best practices for the team?s processes.
- Lead the review & challenge of deliverables, working closely with other CAO teams to identify and resolve issues using knowledge about the business and accounting.
- Support Group stakeholders on ad-hoc analysis that requires data extraction and report production.
- Continually identify risks to delivery and where necessary propose solutions. Effectively manage stakeholder expectations.
- Support the Group?s reporting process as required including leading on specific initiatives across the CAO team.
- Actively support and contribute to creating an appropriate team culture within AGCF team and wider CAO reporting including development of team members.
- Support HoF in oversight and review of key processes/controls within the AGCF team and ensure controls are adequately documented.
- Review key outputs before HoF/DoF review
- Deputise for HoF as appropriate.
- Working with all the relevant parties, the Head of AGC Finance and Group Chief Accounting Officer to pro-actively set and drive the agenda for ALEOC
- Build relationships and networks with a wide range of colleagues - work collaboratively with CAO team members, wider finance team and those outside finance.
- Play a active role in Risk and Control as it relates to the legal entities and how we can take more 1st line ownership for the understanding and assessment
- Providing early warning indicators to management on expenses based on the information we have as we look to drive a more cost conscious environment
- Providing insight and analysis around the numbers / entities that give management understanding of what is driving the results and also provides recommendations for action
- Work closely with Legal entity director to actively drive how we use these entities ensuring the right focus on balancing cost vs benefit
- Having a holistic understanding through active engagement with Centre FPA& and Centre External Reporting to provide AGH better insight what?s driving the numbers
- Actively involved in change activity that impacts both AGC entities and the wider organization
- Qualified accountant
- Strong technical accounting capabilities
- Understanding of all areas under direct control
- Agile & dynamic working style
- Ability to work through other colleagues within and outside CAO team, including those from different disciplines
- Good interpersonal skills, in particular ability to deal and be credible with senior management both within and outside CAO team
- Commercially astute, and able to translate between business actions and financial implications
- Strong written skills and ability to distil and communicate complex issues
- Sound judgement and ability to identify and articulate risks and opportunities in a balanced manner
- Strong prioritisation skills and ability to work with appropriate flexibility on multiple deliverables
- Highly proactive
- Proven track record of process delivery to a high standard
- Team player and ability to delegate and influence as appropriate
- Cultural and political awareness and ability to deal with people from different backgrounds
- Strong influencing skills across organisational and geographic boundaries
- Strong knowledge of IFRS and good knowledge of other reporting bases
- Strong controls focus to avoid financial misstatement and messaging errors
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Magnitude, coupled with strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Good project / process management skills (design / implement / improve)
What will I get from this role
- Salary of up to £90,000 dependent on experience, skills and qualifications
- Annual performance related pay review and bonus
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance
- Excellent flexi-benefits package
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we?ll support you to do brilliant work. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
One of Aviva?s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959449084