We are currently seeking an experienced Category Manager to join a highly respected sustainable solutions organisation on a 6 month contract basis in Staffordshire. You will be responsible for "Indirect" Category RFP, tendering, Procurement and supplier management. This role will be on an initial 6 month contract basis covering maternity leave, but could be extended. For the right candidate there could be future opportunities within the procurement and commercial team on an ongoing or staff basis.
The key purpose of this position will be to build, agree and deliver the supply chain strategy for category, through effective collaboration with the business stakeholders and the group suppliers, in support with the National Category Manager.
As the selected candidate, you will have a number of important roles and responsibilities, including:
- Establishing, building and maintaining positive relationships with key stakeholders
- Building and updating the category strategy in conjunction with the UK & Ireland business stakeholders
- Delivering the category plan, with regard to savings, service, spend under management, and supplier rationalisation
- Ensuring all supply chain policies, procedures and processes are followed
- Building an external network of benchmarks to ensure category specific, industry leading solutions are implemented
- Advising regional managers of INDIRECT category strategy
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Proven experience in procurement function focusing on Soft Services / Indirect
- Specific category knowledge (Indirect procurement or Commercial Contract Services)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads and multi-task
- Friendly, approachable, can do attitude
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959453862