Strategic Commodity Lead
Strategic Commodity Lead
Thinking above and beyond...
Do you have a strategic mindset and love developing people and the practices they adhere to? If so, Héroux-Devtek have the ideal career opportunity for you to fully utilise your professional supply chain knowledge, experience and qualifications.
Who will I be working with?
Héroux-Devtek is an international company specialising in the design, development, manufacture, integration, testing and repair and overhaul of landing gear and actuation systems and components for the Aerospace market. Founded in 1942, the business has a rich history which includes manufacturing the landing gear for the Apollo Lunar Module which landed on the moon's surface in 1969.
Héroux-Devtek's global reputation for quality and reliability exists thanks to the achievements of its employees, and the business truly believes in providing employees with continuous training and professional development, and fosters a strong entrepreneurial culture where each team member has a distinct role to play in the success of the business.
So, what will the role of Strategic Commodity Lead entail?
Reporting to the Supply Chain Director, as the Strategic Commodity Lead you will ensure effective and efficient flow of goods and sub-contract services into Héroux Devtek. You will also manage a team of Buyers who will develop and execute commodity strategies that drive long-term improvements in quality, cost and delivery performance. Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Evolving commodity strategies and ensuring the execution of strategic sourcing activities
- Leading, directing and managing all supplier relationships, utilising team members as appropriate
- Developing and deploying a robust cost management system in conjunction with the Finance team
- Developing a team to respond to fluctuating workload demands
- Managing and maintaining the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Conducting long-term cost planning
- Ensuring the delivery performance of assigned commodities is successful
What will I need to be considered for this Strategic Commodity Lead vacancy?
- Experience with strategic planning, industry analysis and supplier relationship management at a senior level
- Experience working in a materials management / supply chain function
- Educated to degree level and fully CIPS qualified
- Working knowledge of the supply chain function of an ERP system
- Proven success delivering results in a variety of conditions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work as part of a team
- Driven, resilient 'can-do' attitude that can cope with unplanned demands
- Good level of IT literacy
- Full UK driving licence
What will I receive in return?
Salary: Competitive salary with level dependent on experience
Additional Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, company pension scheme, and salary sacrifice healthcare scheme
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours of Work: Full time, working Monday to Thursday, 8am to 4.30pm and Friday 8am to 1pm
Location: Runcorn (Cheshire)
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Strategic Commodity Lead vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Héroux-Devtek. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Héroux-Devtek, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit JVPJobs co uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959435279