Metering Technician - Smart Meters
C&I Metering Technician - Smart Meters
Rate: Up to 16.08p/h (PAYE) + Company Vehicle + Company PPE + All Tools
Location: Field role - Covering South West England
Hours: 40 hours per week
Duration: 6 months initially (likely on-going)
Installation and Maintenance of LV COP3/COP 5 and 10 Smart Metering Systems for Commercial and Industrial Customers to include the installation and commissioning of DNO asset CT's and associated cabinets.
You day to day role:
- To produce a high quality products within your Manufacturing Cell, working to a clear set of specific work instructions whilst following standard processes.
- Visit Commercial and Industrial premises to install and maintain metering installations to the appropriate Code of Practice, ensuring they function correctly and provide accurate data.
- Installation and commissioning of DNO Assets including LV CT's and CT Chambers, connections to large LV supplies.
- Assess situations for level of risk in order to anticipate and avoid potential hazards. Check meters, distribution business installations and their surroundings for safety issues and report concerns to appropriate bodies.
- Manage and maintain effective working relationships with external and internal customers to ensure a responsive and integrated approach to delivering contractual requirements.
- Adapt to unforeseen problems and make decisions to get the job done.
- Investigate and diagnose metering faults and resolve with minimal supervision
- Develop technical skills and stay abreast of changes in technology and procedure in order to meet the demands of the smart and competitive metering market.
- Record relevant information and warnings for future reference and report incidents to the appropriate bodies
- Progressing to be trained and authorised up to install, commission and maintain HV Metering Systems and installation of and connection of HV metering cabinets.
What I am looking for:
- City & Guilds 236 qualification or equivalent. (Electrical or Electronic).
- Sound electrical background, gained through work in an electrical environment preferably with apprenticeship.
- A sound knowledge of EH&S responsibilities.
- Sound electrical background, the installation of Code of Practice 5 and 10 Smart Metering and knowledge of CT's and meter cabinets.
So if you think you have the skills for this role and would be interested in finding out more please apply by sending your CV or alternatively call Jordan O'Neill directly on **********************
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959446651