Role Title: Manufacturing Engineering
Reporting to: Engineering Manager
QuEST Global is a pure play engineering solutions company with a proven track record that serves the product lifecycle needs of high technology companies. A pioneer in offshore product development engineering, QuEST Global is one of the largest engineering service providers that cater to diversified verticals. With its local-global model, QuEST Global combines physical proximity to the customer providing domain knowledge and ease of interaction; along with delivery from low cost locations that also provides easy resource ramp-up.
The role is Manufacturing engineering - Non-conformance reduction.
- Understanding the manufacturing process.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings and work with support functions viz. design, manufacturing.
- Creating of work instruction , technical instructions and standard operating procedure
- Knowledge of NDT and special process techniques
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings/models
- Able to Identify Key process requirements from engineering drawings during the review process with supplier
- Conduct Process Capability, Statistical Process Control, Capacity Assessment, Rate Readiness Assessments, Risk Assessments, and Gauge R&R studies of the supply base to meet QuEST?s customers? quantity and schedule demands
- Process non-conformances / monitor part containment / confirm supplier?s Root Cause-Corrective Actions investigations, Process Walks with the purpose of developing continuous improvement of suppliers? quality, cycle, and delivery performance
- Work with interfacing teams, local experts, partners and suppliers to ensure technical aspects of manufacturing processes are understood and accounted for as required
- Identify and develop opportunities for new or improved manufacturing processes and technologies to meet current or future requirements
- Be the technical focal regarding design intent, material processing, and part inspection / qualification through direct interfacing with the identified supply base Knowledge of PFMEA and control plan
- Update and monitor project plan, develop recovery plans, risk review, reporting etc.
- Support process capability analysis using Minitab
- Support in manufacturing changes and process optimization
- Knowledge of measurement equipment, tools and fixtures
- Develop work instructions to implement best practices / lessons learned and ensure repeatability
- Drive consistency and adherence to quality procedures and specification requirements Knowledge of Turbine, Rotative components
Education & Professional Qualification:
- Diploma / Graduate in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum hands on experience in Manufacturing Engineering environment 4-6 years
- Knowledge of Aerospace QMS/auto quality requirements (AS9100, OSHAS, TS 16949, various ISO z certifications )
- MS Office tools : MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint, MS Project.
- CAD tools : UG, Catia,
- Product Lifecycle Management : Teamcenter
Key Technical/Behavioural Competencies Technical Competencies Level required Drawing Reading L3 Manufacturing Knowledge L2 Drafting L2 Special process Knowledge L2 CAD CAM L1 Process Planning L2 Behavioral Competencies Level required Customer Focus L3 Capability building L3 Communication and interpersonal skills L3 Problem Solving L2 Team Work L2
- Good Communication in English (oral & written) & Interpersonal skills
- Customer Focus - Ability to build and develop Customer & Supplier relationships
- Organisational Agility
- Problem solving ability
- Logical Thinking
- Effective Time management
- Result driven
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959456831