Senior Sitecore Developer
Maersk IT is in the process of strengthening its development team with focus on driving predictability, reducing cost of ownership and lowering time to value of delivery. Maersk IT is building an internal agile development capability.
A vacancy exists for a Senior Developer with strong .Net & Sitecore CMS development skills, working as a key member of an agile team. You will be actively contributing to the development, test & support of Sitecore Content Management System (CMS) within a larger team that is embracing pipeline automation & a devops mindset.
The role will involve:
- Content management, structure, versioning, translation and applying best practice. Managing, creating users, roles and security. Data Modelling. SQL.
- Working closely with Stakeholders, and guiding users through content management, overcoming common issues and establishing best practice.
- Contribution to a cross functional agile team in the elaboration and development delivery of user stories
- Take part in sprint planning, backlog refinement and task estimation
- Creation and modifications of frameworks, common components and business components
- Development of unit & integration tests across all developed components with code re-use being at the fore front.
- Actively re-factor code and continually contribute to code quality improvements
- Ensure development standards and best practices for software development are followed
- Creation of POC?s / Spike development and active involvement in technology evaluation
- Working closely with the quality assurance team (technical testers) to identify risks and to support the development of complex test scripts including the development of BDD acceptance tests
- Contribution to the continual delivery pipeline, including refinement of static analysis rules
- Supporting the developed services transition though the development pipeline and into the production environment
- Work closely with the pipeline tooling team in continual improvement and refinement of automation
Who we are looking for
- Responsible for the quality design and implementation (supportable, maintainable, scalable, secure) of apps & services required to deliver a business outcome (value)
- Elaboration of user stories (technical and functional) into design sketches and tasks
- Embracing a ?stop the line? mentality - keeping the build green
- Proactively contribute to continual improvements within the team through both retrospective analysis and cross team communities
- Ensuring built software components conform to agreed non-functional constraints
- Advisory to Product Owners to identify and manage risks, issues and opportunities for the system
- Supporting the recruitment of technical team members (developers) across the department
- May be required to participate in an On-Call rota
- Travel may be required & become necessary as part of your role
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959447037