Senior Product Marketing Executive
Our client is an exciting online retailer of office and domestic ancillaries who are looking to recruit a Product Manager due to rapid growth. This is a great opportunity to be part of a successful entrepreneurial business who are looking to leverage their current success by diversifying and expanding their product range.
Reporting to the Sales & Marketing Director, the Product Manager is responsible for the development, launch and commercial success of the products that fall within his or her category. This requires end-to-end management of the product life cycle from customer and market insight through to launch and until discontinued.
The Product Marketing Manager is also responsible for the delivery of the profit targets for the products he or she is responsible for so must have a good balance between technical and commercial skills. This team member will help us bring our new product ideas to market much more quickly, bringing forward revenues and delivering incremental profits to the business.
The Product Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Gather market and customer insights that will shape product development, carrying out different types of research to ensure the right products and specifications.
- Shaping product proposals based on the above market insights, benchmarking versus competition.
- Liaising with suppliers and the team to shape up specs and costs in line with above proposals.
- Putting together robust commercial product plans for both new and existing products that support the achievement of the businesses financial goals.
- Finalising product specifications to ensure market competitiveness and product testing to ensure that quality s with the high standards expected.
- Managing projects through the NPD Stage and Gate process, securing approval at each stage from concept through to launch.
- Providing sales forecasts to the supply chain team, using a wide range of analysis of the market, along with commercial plans to ensure adequate stock cover and no overstocking.
- Manage the full product life cycle, maximising profitability and selling off stocks at the end of the products life.
- Ultimately responsible for the profit delivery of the products and categories he or she is responsible for.
- Skills Required
- Project Management Skills - Organisation skills, able to use simple Excel spreadsheets to plan and manage projects.
- Technically Capable - comfortable with dealing with engineering and electrical specifications as part of the NPD process.
- Communication Skills - Needs to be able to communicate clearly and confidently both verbally and in writing at a variety of levels both internally and with suppliers.
- Numerate and Analytical - Needs to be able to analyse market data to support commercial decision making.
- High levels of drive and professionalism - Needs to set high personal standards and can motivate others to support the on-time delivery of NPD projects.
- Microsoft Office - Working knowledge of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Candidate will ideally have at least three years experience in a role that demonstrates the skills required above.
- Could have either a commercial or technical bias.
- Ideally degree or similar qualification in either a technical or business-related subject.
You will be supported and mentored by an experienced and energetic Sales and Marketing Director and will work closely with a highly entrepreneurial and inventive Senior Management Team; this is a great opportunity to develop and hone your commercial Product Marketing skills quickly.
As the North's leading Marketing, Digital, Analytics, IT and Design recruitment agency, we are continually receiving new assignments to work on so keep a close eye on our website, Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter pages for a full list of current permanent and interim opportunities as well as marketplace news and fun stuff.
Forward Role is operating as an employment agency.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959457117