Senior Systems Engineer
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer to join a prestigious Infrastructure Support firm on a 12 month contract basis in Birmingham. Our client provides expert services to the Water and Energy sectors across the world. Due to company growth, they are seeking an enthusiastic Senior Systems Engineer to join their skilled team.
The key purpose of this role will be to design, develop, specify and requisition the instrumentation, control and automation systems (ICA) incorporated within the proposals and projects the company participates with.
As the successful Senior Systems Engineer, you will have a number of important roles and responsibilities, including:
- Designing process & instrumentation diagrams
- Creating handover documentation where appropriate
- Identifying and documenting all variations and deviations regarding the handover documentation/specification
- Complying with company procedures and work instructions
- Preparing requisitions for equipment, materials and services for submission to purchasing, to assess the technical content of returned quotations
- Active with the configuration of supervisory control and data acquisition systems
- Preparing detail equipment and functional specifications of the ICA/systems engineering scope of works
- Assisting with the production, tracking and reporting of project programmes
- Complying with all health and safety responsibilities
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Degree/HND or equivalent qualification in Electronic/Electrical Engineering or similar discipline
- Demonstrable relevant experience within a similar position
- Knowledge of relevant building regulations and legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise workloads and meet strict deadlines
- Friendly and approachable attitude
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959453332