Martin-Baker is the world's leading manufacturer of ejection seats and related equipment.
It is the only compay that can offer a fully integrated escape system that satisfies the very latest in pilot operational capability and safety standards. Martin-Baker offers a complete 'end-to-end service?, from helping the customer to establish operational safety and escape requirements, including design, development and qualification, to on-going support throughout the entire service life of the aircraft.
A vacancy has arisen for a Software Engineer working in the Systems Engineering department at the Denham site. Martin-Baker?s Systems Engineering Department is responsible for specification and design of the Martin-Baker Sequencer (MBS), a triply-redundant embedded computer used to control timing of critical events during the ejection process.
The Systems Engineering Department has a vacancy for a Software Engineers to join its Software Engineering Group.
As a software engineer you will be joining the team responsible for development and maintenance of critical software assets integral to the growth of Martin-Baker. This includes:
- Embedded software run on the MBS
- Embedded and PC-based test software used to verify the behaviour of MBS hardware
- PC-based simulation software, used to model the behaviour of ejection seats during use.
- Typical work for the Software Engineering Group includes:
- Working with Systems Engineers to specify system and software requirements,
- Implementing enhancements to any of the systems the team is responsible for,
- Delivering a technology refresh on a software toolchain,
- Improving Systems Engineering department productivity through targeted infrastructure enhancement projects.
Working within Martin-Baker provides unique challenges and opportunities for professional growth.We are looking for good engineers who focus on producing high integrity software solutions, who can work with a wide range of toolsets, and who can reason about software requirements and design independently of the technology used for implementation. Martin-Baker has exceptionally high quality requirements for the systems that it produces, and this has a significant impact on all areas of the role. Martin-Baker places a high premium on good quality up-front requirements and design, and uses more iterative techniques where appropriate.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2.1 / 1st degree-qualified in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- CEng qualified desirable.
- Team Working
- Communication Skills
- Technical Knowledge Expertise
- Customer Focus
- Experience of at least two of the following:
- C (including MISRA an advantage)
- C# (including Code Contracts)
- Java (including cofoja)
- Ada (including Ada 2012 and SPARK 2014)
- Experience of any of the following modelling languages is desirable:
- Formal methods such as Z/CSP/Alloy/TLA+
- Experience of any of the following standards is desirable:
- DO-178 B/C
- IEC 61508
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Industry experience within one or more of the following domains:
- Previous experience within a safety-critical environment would be an advantage, but is not required.
For all successful candidates, Martin-Baker will undertake background security checks. As part of this, we will need to confirm your identity, employment history and address history to cover the past five years as well as your nationality, immigration status and criminal record. For positions that require Security Clearance, the successful candidate must hold or be willing to obtain security clearance up to the relevant level for the role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959454259