Responsible to: Deputy Headteacher
Hours per week:37 hours per week
Weeks per year:Term time only
Salary: Dorset Grade 9 pro rata - Â£20,490 - Â£24,229
* Managing and co-ordinating the day-to-day function and development of the School's Isolation Hub
* Provide 1:1 and group reflection work with students in the Isolation Hub to ensure positive reintegration back into lessons
* To manage and co-ordinate the relevant Behaviour / Detention Monitoring Systems (SIMs) within the School.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
* Manage the Isolation Hub on a daily basis for a small number of planned students
* Set clear and high expectations and boundaries for students. Demonstrate a consistent approach to create and sustain a controlled, orderly environment.
* Managing the isolation planner and communicating the names of students in isolation with staff
* Sending communications home regarding the completion of isolations.
* Maintain records for students in isolation.
* Communicate as and when required with parents to discuss student's behaviour and restorative programmes.
* Collecting, monitoring data patterns especially those of vulnerable groups of students where isolations are used as a sanction
* Provide work to students in a set structure every day
* Liaise with teaching staff for subject specific work
* Complete 1:1 and group sessions with students to support their reintegration back into lessons
* Support student / teacher meetings where appropriate
* Lead on restorative justice conversations where appropriate with specific students
* Promote positive behavioural change in pupils who experience social, emotional and behavioural difficulties and facilitate their inclusion back into mainstream education
* Work as part of a team to raise expectations and behaviour standards.
* Work in conjunction with the Student Support team in addition to Heads of Year and Curriculum Leaders as appropriate.
* Monitor and analyse data to understand behavioural patterns, barriers to learning, and to inform reintegration.
* Monitor key groups and present to AP Student Support as and when requested.
* Line manage the work of any learning support assistants working in the Isolation Hub.
The job description will be reviewed where appropriate and may be subject to amendment or modification at any time after consultation with the post holder.
Interested? Don't hesitate! Click "apply" now to visit our website.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment and individually take responsibility for doing so.