Blitz | GES are a full-service event production company.
We provide video, audio, lighting, content management, set and staging and digital and interactive technology for a wide range of events; from product launches, award ceremonies and conferences, to exhibitions, AGMs and road shows.
Our expertise, combined with our extensive inventory of AV technologies gives us the unique ability to serve our clients, in a variety of sectors, from concept to delivery.
The Olympia Branch Manager will be responsible for the management of our contract, the Blitz | GES team and operation at Olympia, with emphasis on growing revenue and gross profit through conversion of incoming business opportunities.
The role involves the relationship management of stakeholders within the venue, and with end clients hosting events in a fast paced and continually evolving and growing environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure the Blitz GES team comply with the Service Level Agreement and manage team performance against Key Performance Indicators
- Report and monitor revenue, margins, commissions, venue foc allowances
- Proactively flex to meet changing client / venue requirements
Commercial management and account development
- Working closely with the venue sales team, you will identify and develop commercial opportunities to grow Blitz | GES revenue and gross profit and maximise our conversion of incoming business
- Retain and develop existing/repeat business
- Seek ancillary service/revenue opportunities
- Manage costs, overhead and expenditure to maximise gross profit
Commercial Planning & Reporting
- Forecasting – you will maintain accurate forecasting of revenue and margin, reporting to the Director of Venues monthly
- Budgeting – you will work with the Group Commercial Director & Director of Venues to set the Blitz | GES budget for our Olympia operation annually
- Report on clients that can be further developed beyond the Olympia operation
Consultative sales and pitch work
- Identify client need
- With the support of the Blitz technical team, offer specialist knowledge to identify best fit solutions
- Lead on client pitches and presentations to clients under the instruction of the venue sales/events manager
- Assist in writing pitch materials
- Day to day management of the Blitz team, including absence and performance management
- Manage the strategic development of the team.
- You will work closely with the Blitz | GES Operations team to assess and evaluate current processes with the support of your staff, to feedback and drive ongoing refinement/improvement, focussing on improved service and increasing margin.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all the key stakeholders involved in the Olympia operation including the sales, events and operations teams.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with end clients pre, during and post event, and manage client conflict and resolution where necessary
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with other venue contractors.
Qualifications and Skills
- AV, event technology experience
- PRINCE 2 qualification
- Experience gained within the Exhibition and Events Industry
- Experience working within a similar role/at a similar level
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under your own initiative/with minimal supervision
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77459642