Automation Maintenance Technician
Stem Recruitment Solutions are recruiting for leading a Manufacturing Organisation based in Ayrshire who are experiencing significant growth in their specialist field. We are recruiting for experienced Automation Maintenance Technicians to join an elite forward thinking Organisation where genuine career opportunities exist for driven and skilled Technicians.
The automation maintenance technician must be technically proficient in Electrical, Mechanical, Control & Software System maintenance, service and repair, of automated manufacturing machines and equipment. Including significant skill, knowledge and experienced with a proven track record, in at least one of these technical disciplines, to provide best performance of assigned duties, self-supervised and self-motivated.
Appreciation, adherence and high performance to, internationally accredited Health & Safety Environmental standards, associated with the maintenance, service and repair of automated manufacturing machines and equipment.
You will be proficient in the general use of IT equipment, with a focus on industrial automated control systems; also skilled in the use of all standard commercial office software applications, including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel & Power Point, as well as updating technical schematics, electronic drawings and records.
Communication skills sufficient to effectively represent the client, staff, supplier and third party environments, meetings and presentations
The overall objective is the expert provision of technical service, repair and maintenance, of automated manufacturing equipment, by effective delivery of routine, planned and reactive activities and duties, (to all related legal, regulatory, client and manufacturer's standards), to provide effective reliable and predictable access to such for equipment for normal use: With an ancillary objective to assist (within your skill set, knowledge, experience and ability), with ongoing design and development of such equipment, enhancing the performance of Automated Manufacturing Equipment.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Within your skill set, experience, knowledge, training and ability, deliver effective repair, service and maintenance of electronic and mechanical manufacturing equipment for client production teams, including planned inspections, services and maintenance, condition monitoring, assessments, fault diagnosis, repair and recovery.
- Carry out and assist others with the delivery, development, measurement and audit of automation equipment maintenance programs, and preventative maintenance works to all client automation production assets, in line with legislation, regulation, client and manufacturer's requirements and or exceeding best practice
- Provide effective interface to business administration teams to ensure accurate records are kept of all undertaken activities and duties. Completion of planned maintenance activities, documentation and records is essential, while participating in resource planning and integration with others to assist prioritising available resource.
- Assist management and administration staff, with the creation, change and removal of automation equipment asset information and associated planned tasks, of data required for the computer aided maintenance software.
- Carry out prompt and effective maintenance and repair, of client automated manufacturing equipment as required from time to time, in line with all related legislation, regulation, client and manufacturer's requirements, ensuring satisfactory completion of all associated tasks received by the administration helpdesk. Provide data and information to line management for routine and scheduled reports of automation maintenance activities, assets and performance.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues, to ensure technical, health, safety and environmental performance, adherence and compliance are all met, while delivering successful service and maintenance to client automated manufacturing equipment, including effective participation in training, and ensuring you have access to necessary data, documents, and resources, to safely and effectively discharge your duties.
- Activities will meet or exceed best working practice, safety and environmental standards, legislation, regulation and client requirements, for and including but not limited to, attendance, timekeeping and productivity, to successfully deliver automation maintenance; including any agreed overtime from time to time.
- Contribute to effective communication and collaboration with automation technical staff, colleagues, or client and supplier personnel. Ensure adequate technical resource, training, plant, equipment, support and materials are available for the completion of your allocated tasks, by coordination and co-operation with the Production Engineering Support Manager.
- Generally participate with adherence to company policy, process and procedure, and carry out any reasonable request for tasks or duties that may be identified from time to time, to meet corporate or client requirements or expectations, within the scope of your skill set, experience, knowledge, training, ability or qualification.
12hour Shifts Day and night over 7days based on a 40hour week
Excellent Benefits Package on offer
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959452515