Head of Data Management
Head of Data Management (Banking) ? £Six-Figure package + Benefits ? Reading
?A superb opportunity to join a rapidly growing Financial Services Company.?
Our Financial Services client is looking for a Head of Data Management and Governance (DGM). This is a truly exciting time to be joining our client as they are undergoing a period of massive growth and transformation. You will be joining the newly appointed CDO?s senior leadership team and will have an opportunity to define and establish a data oriented culture that underpins the way they handle and process data, with relevant policies and procedures.
As a data evangelist, the Head of DGM will be responsible for proactively assessing data maturity along with associated data quality metrics and will offer guidance on supporting technology offerings that will assist towards this strategic goal. You will provide thought leadership for the Bank?s data related projects and initiatives on an on-going basis. The Head of DGM will drive the continuous improvement and utilisation of the organisation?s data assets.
Critically, the Head of DGM will support the Chief Data Officer in driving wider interim and strategic initiatives to bring a trusted data driven capability and culture to the Bank. They will offer executive-level guidance on all aspects of the information lifecycle, from creation and data curation to disposal, including advice and guidance on maintaining compliance of our data assets and information services within the regulatory environment in which we operate.
Experience of working in a diverse and challenging environment is essential. The Head of DGM will be the primary driver of ensuring the convergence and consolidation of disparate data management silos towards a centralised data management model.
- Data Strategy ? Implement, evolve and track progress of the data strategy for the bank
- Team Leadership ? Responsible for the Data Management and Data Governance teams that support and enable decision makers and data stewards across the bank. Build an engaged and high performing team that others aspire to join
- Thought Leadership - Develop a position as the trusted advisor to the CDO and key stakeholders in all data-related issues and opportunities
- Cultural Change ? Develop and drive a culture within the Bank that ensures and assures that data and information is trusted and managed as a key corporate asset. Act as a passionate advocate for data in a dynamic and challenging environment, ensuring that both Business and Technology initiatives will not compromise the integrity or quality of data assets
- Policies and Controls - Ensure within the Data Management team that mandated Policy and Standards are being adhered to, in a manner consistent with the risk appetite of the organisation
- Data curation -? Build, run and maintain robust, documented and auditable data management processes and procedures
- Proven leadership ability in driving transformational data programmes with significant CXO exposure. Can collaborate and influence at all levels
- Politically aware and able to influence others within a dynamic fast paced organisation
- Pragmatic, technically capable of balancing innovative vision with the practical constraints surrounding data
- Proven ability to define and deliver data transformation
- Extensive experience in the definition and implementation of Data Management and Data Governance capabilities
- Significant exposure to the tooling, methods and challenges that are presented across structured data environments, within multiple organisational areas
- Knowledge and experience of industry best practice in the Data Management, Data Governance and Data Quality arenas
- Working with data vendors and industry bodies
- Experience of defining and implementing business strategy, customer insight and technology platforms, especially in digital organisations
- Strong people management and team leadership skills in order to ensure the continued evolution of the function through the development of talent pipelines and succession plans
In return a £Six Figure compensation package including very generous benefits is available
For more information send your CV or call Mike to discuss your experience.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959452453